Breeder’s Support Programs
At Hilltop Farm our commitment to breeders extends far beyond getting your foal successfully on the ground. Feel free to contact our office at any time of the year with questions, requests for information, or just to give us an update your horses! These options are also open to owners who purchase one of your offspring, so please pass this information along with any sale. We want to keep tabs on the offspring that you sell as much as you do! (Special Note on submitting photos: if taken by a professional photographer, photo credit and a use release must be included for us to post).
- Our website (www.hilltopfarminc.com) is available to our breeders as a special resource for announcing the accomplishments of your offspring and listing your horses for sale.
- The news section contains Foal Announcements, Breeders Notes & Snapshots, and Ringside with Hilltop Stallions’ Offspring section. Here’s your chance to brag, share photos, etc.
- The sales section, one of the most often visited sections on the website, offers free text listings (to add photos is only $25) for all offspring bred through Hilltop Farm, as well as mares in-foal to one of the stallions currently at Hilltop Farm.
- Our Breeders Award Program, initiated in 1996, awards our breeders annually for outstanding competitive success with their Hilltop Farm stallion offspring by offering Award Certificates towards future breedings to a Hilltop Farm stallion. All awards must be used the following breeding season and documentation of the win must be presented. Breeders do not need to be the current owner of the horse to be eligible for these awards.
- Breeders whose offspring win at the USDF/GAIG Championship Series Finals, a USDF Regional Championships, or the USEA Future Event Horse Finals earn a $200 Award Certificate for a Championship Finish, and a $100 Award Certificate for a Reserve Championship.
- Breeders whose offspring win the USEF/Markel Dressage Young Horse Finals, IJF Finals, IHF Finals, the USEA Young Event Horse Finals, or USDF All-Breeds Awards earn a $300 Award Certificate for a Championship Finish, and a $200 Award Certificate for a Reserve Championship.
- Breeders of USDF Horse of the Year Champions, USEF/USHJA Zone Champions, or USEA Year-End Award Champions earn a $400 Award Certificate for a Championship Finish, and a $300 Award Certificate for a Reserve Championship Finish.
- Since 2001, Hilltop Farm has offered a Devon Prep Program for breeders who are interested in showing their offspring at this prestigious show. Horses come to the farm for extra preparation prior to the show and can be under the full care of Hilltop staff while at Devon or meet up with Team Hilltop at Devon. In addition, our Hilltop Handlers are available for handling at some of the mid-atlantic Breed Shows.
- Continuing education has always been an important element of Hilltop Farm and we are happy to support our breeders in their learning efforts by hosting American Hanoverian Society & ISR/OldenburgNA inspections each year, offering clinics for breeders and young horse owners, and always being available for your questions and feedback as we develop future programs here at Hilltop Farm.
We look forward to continuing to support you in your breeding endeavors and wish you the best of luck with all your horses and breeding endeavors!