KWPN First Round of Stallion Selection
The first round of viewings took place this past week for the KWPN Stallion Selection. Excellent results were achieved for stallions currently in Hilltop Farm’s International Frozen Semen Program. Especially exciting was the first presentation for the oldest offspring of Chippendale – with an outstanding result of three sons being selected to proceed. We’ll be watching for all of the below stallions in ’s-Hertogenbosch where the second round will take place.
- GO ON (Ampere-Flemmingh-Damiro), BREEDER: K. VAN DE SCHEER, OWNER: P.A.C. REESINK
- GIOVANNI NB (Ampere-Lord Sinclair-Le Mexico), BREEDER: M.A. EIGENRAAM, OWNER: W.H. RUPPERT
- GUESS (Chippendale-Flemmingh-Ferro), BREEDER: TH. EN J. DEENEN, OWNER: VAN OLST HORSES
- GARAVA (Chippendale-Scandic-Negro), BREEDER/OWNER: C. VAN ETTEN4
- GIGOLO K (Chippendale-Rousseau-Farrington), BREEDER/OWNER: DAAN KÖSTERS, OWNER: VAN OLST HORSES
- GLAMOURDALE (Lord Leatherdale-Negro-Ahorn), BREEDER: J.W. RODENBURG, OWNER: VAN OLST HORSES
- GENESIS (Lord Leatherdale-Metall-Ulster), BREEDER: A.J.W. & J.P. GERRITS-VELTMAAT, OWNER: W.L. PLAIZIER
- GOLDSTAR (Negro-Houston-Tolbert), BREEDER: J.B.G.M. VAN KERKHOF, OWNER: C. VAN STRIEN
- GENIUS (Negro-Lord Leatherdale-Clavecimbel), BREEDER: FAM. VAN RAAMSDONK, OWNER: VAN OLST HORSES
Each year the United States Dressage Federation honors one breeder as the USDF Dressage Breeder of the Year and we are very excited to share that Hilltop Farm was the recipient for this award in 2013.
It is with a broken heart that we share the news of Royal Prince’s passing this week. Late in the afternoon of January 20th Royal Prince presented an acute colic and was immediately taken to New Bolton Center. Unfortunately due to complications discovered during surgery, the only humane choice was to euthanize him.
Hilltop Articles & Interviews
The manicured grounds of the Lamplight Equestrian Center were superb as was the quality of the equine competitors at the 2009 Markel/United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) National Young Horse Dressage Championships and the 2009 USEF National Developing Horse Dressage Championship, sponsored by the Dutta Corporation and Performance Sales International.
Wisconsin breeders work on one foal at a time. Shannon (a competitive dressage rider) and Doug Langer, DVD, (a partner of the Wisconsin Equine Clinic and Hospital) have bred Hanoverians for 10 years at their Maple Run Farm in Helenville, Wisconsin. They arrived on the international stage when their homebred Cabana Boy represented the United States at the 2007 World Young Horse Championships.