KWPN First Round of Stallion Selection
The first round of viewings took place this past week for the KWPN Stallion Selection. Excellent results were achieved for stallions currently in Hilltop Farm’s International Frozen Semen Program. Especially exciting was the first presentation for the oldest offspring of Chippendale – with an outstanding result of three sons being selected to proceed. We’ll be watching for all of the below stallions in ’s-Hertogenbosch where the second round will take place.
- GO ON (Ampere-Flemmingh-Damiro), BREEDER: K. VAN DE SCHEER, OWNER: P.A.C. REESINK
- GIOVANNI NB (Ampere-Lord Sinclair-Le Mexico), BREEDER: M.A. EIGENRAAM, OWNER: W.H. RUPPERT
- GUESS (Chippendale-Flemmingh-Ferro), BREEDER: TH. EN J. DEENEN, OWNER: VAN OLST HORSES
- GARAVA (Chippendale-Scandic-Negro), BREEDER/OWNER: C. VAN ETTEN4
- GIGOLO K (Chippendale-Rousseau-Farrington), BREEDER/OWNER: DAAN KÖSTERS, OWNER: VAN OLST HORSES
- GLAMOURDALE (Lord Leatherdale-Negro-Ahorn), BREEDER: J.W. RODENBURG, OWNER: VAN OLST HORSES
- GENESIS (Lord Leatherdale-Metall-Ulster), BREEDER: A.J.W. & J.P. GERRITS-VELTMAAT, OWNER: W.L. PLAIZIER
- GOLDSTAR (Negro-Houston-Tolbert), BREEDER: J.B.G.M. VAN KERKHOF, OWNER: C. VAN STRIEN
- GENIUS (Negro-Lord Leatherdale-Clavecimbel), BREEDER: FAM. VAN RAAMSDONK, OWNER: VAN OLST HORSES
At the Pegasus Dinner during the USA Equestrian Convention, January 11, 2002, Jane MacElree was honored with the Ellen Scripps Davis Memorial Breeders Cup for her contribution to the sporthorse industry. Jane was elected as the one of two recipients for this year’s award and is the first warmblood sporthorse breeder to be given this honor.
It was an absolute perfect finish to our Florida show season when Chris and Witness were invited to be on Team USA for the first ever CDIO3* Nations Cup competition in Wellington, Florida. Chris and Witness started the weekend out strong with a 2nd place finish in Friday’s Prix St. Georges, but they really shone in the Freestyle under the lights on Saturday night.
Hilltop Articles & Interviews
The manicured grounds of the Lamplight Equestrian Center were superb as was the quality of the equine competitors at the 2009 Markel/United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) National Young Horse Dressage Championships and the 2009 USEF National Developing Horse Dressage Championship, sponsored by the Dutta Corporation and Performance Sales International.
For many Warmblood enthusiasts, just the mention of the famous stallion Riverman is enough to send chills down their spines. The stunning grey Holsteiner, who currently stands at stud at Hilltop Farm in Colora, Maryland, was the Reserve Champion at his stallion licensing, and was a Verband stallion in Germany for the first part of his life.