KWPN First Round of Stallion Selection
The first round of viewings took place this past week for the KWPN Stallion Selection. Excellent results were achieved for stallions currently in Hilltop Farm’s International Frozen Semen Program. Especially exciting was the first presentation for the oldest offspring of Chippendale – with an outstanding result of three sons being selected to proceed. We’ll be watching for all of the below stallions in ’s-Hertogenbosch where the second round will take place.
- GO ON (Ampere-Flemmingh-Damiro), BREEDER: K. VAN DE SCHEER, OWNER: P.A.C. REESINK
- GIOVANNI NB (Ampere-Lord Sinclair-Le Mexico), BREEDER: M.A. EIGENRAAM, OWNER: W.H. RUPPERT
- GUESS (Chippendale-Flemmingh-Ferro), BREEDER: TH. EN J. DEENEN, OWNER: VAN OLST HORSES
- GARAVA (Chippendale-Scandic-Negro), BREEDER/OWNER: C. VAN ETTEN4
- GIGOLO K (Chippendale-Rousseau-Farrington), BREEDER/OWNER: DAAN KÖSTERS, OWNER: VAN OLST HORSES
- GLAMOURDALE (Lord Leatherdale-Negro-Ahorn), BREEDER: J.W. RODENBURG, OWNER: VAN OLST HORSES
- GENESIS (Lord Leatherdale-Metall-Ulster), BREEDER: A.J.W. & J.P. GERRITS-VELTMAAT, OWNER: W.L. PLAIZIER
- GOLDSTAR (Negro-Houston-Tolbert), BREEDER: J.B.G.M. VAN KERKHOF, OWNER: C. VAN STRIEN
- GENIUS (Negro-Lord Leatherdale-Clavecimbel), BREEDER: FAM. VAN RAAMSDONK, OWNER: VAN OLST HORSES
What a way to end the year! The 2012 North American Stallion Test just finished this weekend and we couldn't be more pleased with the results for Qredit when he finished as the Dressage Champion & Overall Champion at the the 2012 70-Day North American Stallion Test!
The United States Equestrian Federation gives awards to the top placing sires, breeders, and owners based upon their offspring show records over the past year at USEF recognized shows. For the 2008 show season, Hilltop Farm stallions once again proved their consistency as Leading Sires in the US.
Hilltop Articles & Interviews
The manicured grounds of the Lamplight Equestrian Center were superb as was the quality of the equine competitors at the 2009 Markel/United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) National Young Horse Dressage Championships and the 2009 USEF National Developing Horse Dressage Championship, sponsored by the Dutta Corporation and Performance Sales International.
A Sport Horse Handler, whether at a show, inspection or exhibition, constantly strives for that 'magical moment' as he guides a horse in hand around the arena, often negotiating a large triangle formed from flower pots and jump poles. Together the two lift off and eat up the ground, matching stride for stride -- the horse seeming to float, to collect and extend on his own, all in perfect rhythm. The handler is as discreet as possible so that all attention focuses on the horse looking his best.