KWPN First Round of Stallion Selection
The first round of viewings took place this past week for the KWPN Stallion Selection. Excellent results were achieved for stallions currently in Hilltop Farm’s International Frozen Semen Program. Especially exciting was the first presentation for the oldest offspring of Chippendale – with an outstanding result of three sons being selected to proceed. We’ll be watching for all of the below stallions in ’s-Hertogenbosch where the second round will take place.
- GO ON (Ampere-Flemmingh-Damiro), BREEDER: K. VAN DE SCHEER, OWNER: P.A.C. REESINK
- GIOVANNI NB (Ampere-Lord Sinclair-Le Mexico), BREEDER: M.A. EIGENRAAM, OWNER: W.H. RUPPERT
- GUESS (Chippendale-Flemmingh-Ferro), BREEDER: TH. EN J. DEENEN, OWNER: VAN OLST HORSES
- GARAVA (Chippendale-Scandic-Negro), BREEDER/OWNER: C. VAN ETTEN4
- GIGOLO K (Chippendale-Rousseau-Farrington), BREEDER/OWNER: DAAN KÖSTERS, OWNER: VAN OLST HORSES
- GLAMOURDALE (Lord Leatherdale-Negro-Ahorn), BREEDER: J.W. RODENBURG, OWNER: VAN OLST HORSES
- GENESIS (Lord Leatherdale-Metall-Ulster), BREEDER: A.J.W. & J.P. GERRITS-VELTMAAT, OWNER: W.L. PLAIZIER
- GOLDSTAR (Negro-Houston-Tolbert), BREEDER: J.B.G.M. VAN KERKHOF, OWNER: C. VAN STRIEN
- GENIUS (Negro-Lord Leatherdale-Clavecimbel), BREEDER: FAM. VAN RAAMSDONK, OWNER: VAN OLST HORSES
It is with a broken heart that we share the news of Royal Prince’s passing this week. Late in the afternoon of January 20th Royal Prince presented an acute colic and was immediately taken to New Bolton Center. Unfortunately due to complications discovered during surgery, the only humane choice was to euthanize him.
Hilltop Farm is thrilled that three of our stallions have been named USEF Leading Sires of the Year for 2009. Contucci (Caprimond-Lungau)is the Dressage Sire of the Year; Riverman (Redfort-Landego) is the Eventing Sire of the Year; and for the second year in a row, Royal Prince (Rohdiamant-Prince Thatch xx) is the Dressage Breeding Sire of the Year (and Bugatti was ranked second in this category).
Hilltop Articles & Interviews
For many Warmblood enthusiasts, just the mention of the famous stallion Riverman is enough to send chills down their spines. The stunning grey Holsteiner, who currently stands at stud at Hilltop Farm in Colora, Maryland, was the Reserve Champion at his stallion licensing, and was a Verband stallion in Germany for the first part of his life.
Whether you are learning about showing your horse in hand or just looking for some tips, this excerpt from the 2015 USDF Sport Horse Breeders/Handlers Seminar is for you – Showing Sport Horses In Hand with Michael Bragdell.