16.3h | 1993 | Hanoverian Stallion
Caprimond – Lungau – Akzent II
Contucci’s impact remains significant for North American breeding programs. His positive influence on conformation, movement, and character is undeniably proven. Contucci’s accolades include having earned the titles USEF Dressage Breeding Sire of the Year and USEF Dressage Sire of the Year, and he is consistently ranked in the Top 10 of the USEF Sire Rankings. From breed shows in-hand through the Grand Prix level, Contucci proves time and again his ability to sire dressage champions. He has also sired licensed stallions and many Premium/Elite daughters.
Contucci won the dressage portion of his 100-Day Test with an impressive 147.11 points, earning 9’s on his character, willingness, rideability, trot, and canter. His sire Caprimond was a successful Grand Prix competitor and was the 1998 Trakehner Stallion of the Year. Contucci’s dam, Laureen, received 9’s on all her gaits at her MPT. The Caprimond-Laureen combination was successfully repeated 5-times with excellent results, including the FEI mare Capricia. Contucci’s grandsire, Lungau, is also the damsire of World Cup Champions Salinero and Brentina.
Dressage breeders looking to improve the head and neck, emphasize freedom in the shoulder, and provide a modern type without sacrificing bone will especially want to consider Contucci. The Contucci offspring are typically forward-thinking but sensible and well-suited for junior and amateur riders. His offspring are consistent winners from in-hand Championships at the prestigious Dressage at Devon to the Grand Prix arena. When breeding, it makes sense to stack the odds in your favor by choosing a proven sire like Contucci.
Video & Pedigree
Performance Test: 127.60 Total/147.11 Dressage/81.12 Jumping
- Earned 9’s for Character, Trot and Canter
- Class I status
4 Star Stallion with ISR/OldenburgNA
2009: USEF Dressage Sire of the Year
2005: USEF Dressage Breeding Sire of the Year
1996: Winner of the dressage phase of his 100-Day Test with a 147.11; six scores of 9
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Contucci is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on Contucci’s frozen semen.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $345.00 for FedEx Overnight or $315.00 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $580.00 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $16.00 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $125.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $45.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $45.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $75.00
- Container Deposit – $1000.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 55-60 day pregnancy check, please have your vet finish completing the Mare Breeding Passport and return it to Hilltop Farm by September 15th. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- AHS & ARS
- KWPN-NA: Offspring out of KWPN-NA mares and by stallions approved with an Erkend Studbook (such as Contucci) are eligible for Register A papers.
- SWANA: Contucci offspring out of SWANA mares are eligible for full registration.