17h | 2009 | Dutch Warmblood Stallion
Lord Leatherdale – Negro – El Corona
Everdale was Champion of his Stallion Test and earned scores of 9 for the walk, canter, rideability, and attitude. He won the PAVO Cup Finals for 4-Year-Olds and by age 10 was winning at Grand Prix CDI’s with scores well into the 70’s, including a top 10 finish at Aachen in 2019. Under Charlotte Fry, the potential of this stallion for top sport is unlimited.
Everdale’s sire, Lord Leatherdale, is himself an FEI horse who is well regarded for rideability and character. His offspring have competed at the PAVO Cup Finals, World Championships for Young Horses, and the FEI arena. Frequently crossed on Negro daughters, this has been one of the best nicks in KWPN breeding in recent years.
Everdale’s damline is particularly strong and the mares have been highly decorated, including his great-granddam who is a full sister to the approved stallion Havidoff. Grandsire Negro had a very successful FEI career and has numerous offspring competing at Grand Prix, including of course the Olympic & World Champion Valegro.
Everdale has proven very popular with European and US breeders. He stamps his neck, uphill balance, powerful gaits, and an excellent canter on his offspring. He already has several approved sons to his record and his offspring are highly placed in prestigious competitions including qualifying for the PAVO Cup, USEF Young Horse Championships, and the World Championships for Young Horses.
Video & Pedigree
Performance Test: Champion of Stallion Performance Test,
- Scores of 9 on walk, canter, & rideability
2020: Amsterdam CDI-W Grand Prix ~ 7th Place
2019: London Olympia CDI-W Grand Prix & Grand Prix Freestyle ~ 3rd Place
2019: Stuttgart CDI4* Grand Prix & Grand Prix Special ~ 6th Place
2019: Aachen CDI4* Grand Prix Special ~ 7th Place
2019: Kronenberg CDI3* Grand Prix Special ~ 2nd Place
2019: Compiegne CDI3* Grand Prix Freestyle ~ 1st Place
2019: Hertogenbosch CDI U-25 Grand Prix Freestyle ~ 1st Place
2019: Lier CDI U-25 Grand Prix ~ 1st Place
2018: Intermediate II and U-25 Grand Prix debut
2017: Prix St. Georges and Intermediate I debut
2013: Champion PAVO Cup Finals for 4-Year Olds
2012: Champion of Stallion Performance Test
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Everdale is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on Everdale’s frozen semen.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $355.00 for FedEx Overnight or $325.00 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $590.00 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $16.00 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $125.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $45.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $45.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $75.00
- Container Deposit – $1000.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- Selle Francais
- AHS: Everdale offspring out of Hanoverian approved mares are eligible for registration with the AHS with payment of a Foreign Sire Fee.
- GOV: Everdale offspring out of Oldenburg approved mares are eligible for registration with the GOV with payment of a Foreign Sire Fee.
- ISR/OldenburgNA: Offspring of many of the European stallions may be eligible for registration upon the mare owner’s completion of a Foreign Stallion Permit.