16.2h | 2011 | Dutch Warmblood Stallion
De Niro – Wolkentanz – Forrest xx
A performance-proven pedigree, excellent character, and talent for the sport of dressage mark this young stallion at Van Olst Horses as one to watch. At his Stallion Performance Test, George Clooney earned scores of 8 or higher in all categories and was described in his testing report as ‘an honest and reliable stallion….George Clooney moves with good elasticity, ease, and excellent balance.” Successful in the FEI Young Horse tests, George Clooney made his Prix St. Georges debut this spring as a 7-year old.
The potential for top sport is no surprise when evaluating George Clooney’s pedigree. He is sired by none other than DeNiro, the charismatic Donnerhall son who has been ranked first on the World Breeding Federation for Sport Horse Sire Rankings the past two years. De Niro, was Reserve Champion of his performance test with a score of 141.93 and had a wonderful sport career with over 24 wins at S-Level.
George Clooney’s dam is by Wolkentanz, the Weltmeyer son who was Champion of his Licensing, Reserve Champion of his Stallion Performance Test with 140 points in dressage, and winner of the Bundeschampionat. The combination of George Clooney’s dam bred to DeNiro has been extremely successful and includes the full-siblings Despino and Delmar that are successful at Grand Prix. Maternal granddam Fricka brings the influence of the Thoroughbred stallion Forrest and she is also the granddam of Isabel Werth’s Don Johnson.
The first George Clooney foals arrived in the spring of 2015 and received positive reports from the KWPN commission. He’s shown to improve elasticity in movement and often adds some size. With the oldest offspring now undersaddle, we are also seeing a positive influence on rideability and temperament.
Video & Pedigree
Performance Test: Scores of 8 or higher in all categories
2018: Prix St. Georges debut
2017: 7th Place in PAVO Cup Semi-Final with 81.8 points
2016: 10th Place in PAVO Cup Finals
2015: Approved by the Oldenburg Verband
2014: Passed KWPN Stallion Performance Test
2014: Licensed stallion with the KWPN
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
George Clooney is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on George Clooney’s frozen semen.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $345.00 for FedEx Overnight or $315.00 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $580.00 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $16.00 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $125.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $45.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $45.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $75.00
- Container Deposit – $1000.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 55-60 day pregnancy check, please have your vet finish completing the Mare Breeding Passport and return it to Hilltop Farm by September 15th. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- AHS: George Clooney offspring out of Hanoverian approved mares are eligible for registration with the AHS with payment of a Foreign Sire Fee.
- GOV: George Clooney offspring out of Oldenburg approved mares are eligible for registration with the GOV with payment of a Foreign Sire Fee.
- ISR/OldenburgNA: Offspring of many of the European stallions may be eligible for registration upon the mare owner’s completion of a Foreign Stallion Permit.