16.1h | 2002 | Dutch Warmblood Stallion
Now or Never M – Saros xx – Important
A very versatile stallion of moderate size, Vallado will suit a variety of mares and breeding goals. Champion of his 30-day Performance Test, Vallado earned scores of 9.25 for character and rideability and earned no score less than 8. He competed as a Jumper up to 1.40 meters before his type and style caught the eye of top Hunter professionals. Renamed Praise, he racked up wins in both the High Performance Hunter division as well as in International Hunter Derbies.
This same versatility can be found throughout his pedigree. Vallado’s sire is the Voltaire son Now or Never M, who has a very high breeding value of 152 points for jumping on the German FN’s ranking system. Vallado’s damsire is the Thoroughbred Saros. This particular Thoroughbred line has had a strong influence in sport horse breeding and is also seen through the Trakehner stallion Consul.
Vallado is producing elegant, modern offspring with great athletic ability and rideablility. He has two approved sons, including Silver Creek’s Validation who was Champion of his 70-Day Stallion Test. Vallado offspring have competed at the World Championships for Young Jumpers in Lanaken and are winning in both the jumper and hunter rings. His offspring are also shining in Hunter Breeding, with two offspring finishing in the Top 8 at the Devon Horse Show. The type and character Vallado offers can be advantageous for all sport horse breeders. He does not typically add size and offers a medium bone and compact frame that compliments many of today’s mares.
Video & Pedigree
Performance Test: Lifetime Approval based on 30-Day Test & Sport Record
2016: Approved with Hanoverian Verband & American Hanoverian Society
2013: 7th in USHJA National Hunter Derby ~ Kentucky Summer Horse Show
2013: 3rd in USHJA National Hunter Derby ~ Horse Shows By The Bay
2013: Adult Amateur Hunter 18-35 Champion ~ WEF weeks 1, 2, 3, 5, & 9
2013: Adult Amateur Hunter 18-35 Reserve Champion ~ WEF 7
2013: Adult Amateur Hunter 18-35 Champion ~ Equestrian Sports Productions, LLC.
2012: 4th in USHJA International Hunter Derby ~ Holiday and Horses
2012: 3rd in USHJA Hunter Derby ~ St. Louis National Charity
2012: 3rd in USHJA International Hunter Derby ~ Horse Shows By The Bay, Series II
2012: 3rd in USHJA International Hunter Derby ~ Summer in the Rockies VI
2012: 3rd in USHJA International Hunter Derby ~ Summer in the Rockies IV
2012: 2nd in USHJA International Hunter Derby ~ Keswick Hunt Club
2012: 6th in USHJA International Hunter Challenge Derby ~ Aiken Spring Classic Masters
2011: 12th in USHJA International Hunter Derby Finals
2011: 2nd in USHJA Hunter Derby ~ Horse Shows By The Bay Series III
2011: 3rd in USHJA International Hunter Derby ~ Lion Country July
2011: 3rd in USHJA International Hunter Derby ~ State College Classic
2011: 2nd in USHJA International Hunter Derby ~ Country Heir II
2011: 5th in USHJA International Hunter Derby ~ Showplace Spring Spectacular II
2011: Winner of Chronicle of the Horse USHJA Hunter Derby ~ Keswick Hunt Club
2011: Winner of USHJA International Hunter Derby ~ Lexington Spring Encore
2011: Champion High Performance Working Hunter & Reserve Champion Regular Conformation Hunter ~ Lexington Spring
2011: 2nd in USHJA International Hunter Challenge ~ Aiken Spring Classic Masters
2011: 7th in 1.35m Jumpers ~ WEF 12
2011: 5th in 1.30m Jumpers ~ WEF 1
2011: Reserve Champion Level 5 Jumpers ~ Equestrian Sport Productions, LLC.
2010: 3rd in North American League Adult Jumpers ~ I Love New York
2010: 1.25m Jumper Champion ~ Venice Hunter Jumper Spring Concours II
2007: Champion of his 30-Day Stallion Test
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Cooled semen from Vallado (aka Praise) is available March 15th through August 31st. Stallions are only collected at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
REMINDER: The SBS lab is closed and stallions will not be collected on Easter Sunday, Sunday and Monday of Memorial Day weekend, and July 4th.
Cooled Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card. All cooled semen shipments are sent using the Equitainer, which we believe provides the most reliable, consistent cooling of semen.
- $345.00 for US shipments – including round-trip FedEx shipping and collection fee – $16.00 additional for Saturday delivery
- Pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS: $220.00 weekday, $245.00 Sunday
- US Airline Shipments: $490.00 weekday, $515.00 Sunday (does not include return by FedEx)
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $75.00
- Container Deposit – $250.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At this time we are unable to ship cooled semen to Canada.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $345.00 for FedEx Overnight or $315.00 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $580.00 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $16.00 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $125.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $45.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $45.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $75.00
- Container Deposit – $1000.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 55-60 day pregnancy check, please have your vet finish completing the Mare Breeding Passport and return it to Hilltop Farm by September 15th. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- AHS & ARS
- KWPN-NA: Offspring out of KWPN-NA mares and by stallions approved with an Erkend Studbook (such as Vallado) are eligible for Register A papers.