USDF Year-End Awards
Team Hilltop had an excellent show season and we’re celebrating many USDF Year-End Awards for both our own and client horses. Wonderful job Michael, Jess, & Quinnten. Congratulations to all the owners & breeders!
- Kevelaer (Wamberto-Gribaldi), owner/breeder Gavin Parfit & Isabel Barzun US-Bred
- 4th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (Yearling Colts/Geldings) 77.95%
- Stetson HTF (Sternlicht-Negro), owner/breeder Hilltop Farm US-Bred
- 7th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (Yearling Colts/Geldings) 77.25%
- Royal Celeste FH (Royal Classic-Diamond Hit), leased by Quinnten Alston & Jonathan Clark, bred by Eliza Rutherford US-Bred
- 5th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (3 Year Old Fillies) 75.55%
- Qindle HTF (Qredit-Royal Prince), owner/breeder Hilltop Farm US-Bred
- 9th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (3 Year Old Fillies Materiale) 72.00%
- Elizabeth’s Elan (Quite Easy-Calimero), owner/breeder Beth Gildea US-Bred
- CHAMPION USDF All-Breeds Holsteiner (Training Level) 68.636%
- David Bowie MF (Don Principe-Rotspon), owner/breeder Marydell Farm US-Bred
- 6th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (USEF 4 Year Olds) 7.8
- Faberge Blue (Contango-Democraat), owned by Mitch & Lara Mitchelson, bred by Marie Emrey US-Bred
- 2nd Place in USDF All-Breeds KWPN (Third Level Freestyle) 73.367%
- 4th Place in USDF All-Breeds KWPN (Third Level) 69.492%
- 8th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (Third Level Musical Freestyle Challenge) 71.042%
- 16th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (Third Level Freestyle) 73.367%
- Sternlicht Hilltop (Soliman de Hus-Rascalino), owned by Hilltop Farm, bred by Rachel Ehrlich US-Bred
- CHAMPION USDF All-Breeds Hanoverian (Third Level) 71.463%
- 6th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (FEI 6 Year Olds) 8.0
- 12th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (Third Level) 71.463%
- Qredit Hilltop (Quaterback-Dream of Glory), owned by Hilltop Farm, bred by Judy Yancey US-Bred
- CHAMPION USDF Horse of the Year (Intermediate Musical Freestyle Challenge) 72.508%
- CHAMPION USDF All-Breeds Oldenburg OHBS (Intermediate Freestyle) 74.00%
- 2nd Place in USDF All-Breeds Oldenburg OHBS (Intermediate I) 71.514%
- 4th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (Intermediate I Freestyle) 74.00%
- 7th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (Intermediate I) 71.514%
- Feuerbach (Florestan-Welcome), owned by Kaja Brix, bred by Rudolf Hellman
- CHAMPION USDF All-Breeds Westfalen (Prix St. Georges) 69.343%
- Witness Hilltop (Hamlet-Burggraaf), owned by Hilltop Farm, bred by Renee Fransen
- 3rd Place in USDF All-Breeds KWPN (Grand Prix) 67.577%
Any who has endured the loss of a horse can understand the sorrow and despair that descends like a shroud over everyone involved. Any who has witnessed a horse struggle through serious illness can understand how emotional it is to watch horses fight for their lives and how much respect such horses earn amongst their caregivers.
The 2008 USEF/Markel Young Horse Nationals was literally a whirlwind weekend for the Hilltop Team with trainers Michael Bragdell riding Selten HW (Sandro Hit - Hohenstein) to the Four Year-Old Grand Champion and Chris Hickey riding Cabana Boy (Contucci - Bordeaux) to successfully defend his National Champion title, this time in the Six Year Old division.
Hilltop Articles & Interviews
The manicured grounds of the Lamplight Equestrian Center were superb as was the quality of the equine competitors at the 2009 Markel/United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) National Young Horse Dressage Championships and the 2009 USEF National Developing Horse Dressage Championship, sponsored by the Dutta Corporation and Performance Sales International.
For many Warmblood enthusiasts, just the mention of the famous stallion Riverman is enough to send chills down their spines. The stunning grey Holsteiner, who currently stands at stud at Hilltop Farm in Colora, Maryland, was the Reserve Champion at his stallion licensing, and was a Verband stallion in Germany for the first part of his life.