USDF Year-End Awards
Team Hilltop had an excellent show season and we’re celebrating many USDF Year-End Awards for both our own and client horses. Wonderful job Michael, Jess, & Quinnten. Congratulations to all the owners & breeders!
- Kevelaer (Wamberto-Gribaldi), owner/breeder Gavin Parfit & Isabel Barzun US-Bred
- 4th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (Yearling Colts/Geldings) 77.95%
- Stetson HTF (Sternlicht-Negro), owner/breeder Hilltop Farm US-Bred
- 7th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (Yearling Colts/Geldings) 77.25%
- Royal Celeste FH (Royal Classic-Diamond Hit), leased by Quinnten Alston & Jonathan Clark, bred by Eliza Rutherford US-Bred
- 5th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (3 Year Old Fillies) 75.55%
- Qindle HTF (Qredit-Royal Prince), owner/breeder Hilltop Farm US-Bred
- 9th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (3 Year Old Fillies Materiale) 72.00%
- Elizabeth’s Elan (Quite Easy-Calimero), owner/breeder Beth Gildea US-Bred
- CHAMPION USDF All-Breeds Holsteiner (Training Level) 68.636%
- David Bowie MF (Don Principe-Rotspon), owner/breeder Marydell Farm US-Bred
- 6th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (USEF 4 Year Olds) 7.8
- Faberge Blue (Contango-Democraat), owned by Mitch & Lara Mitchelson, bred by Marie Emrey US-Bred
- 2nd Place in USDF All-Breeds KWPN (Third Level Freestyle) 73.367%
- 4th Place in USDF All-Breeds KWPN (Third Level) 69.492%
- 8th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (Third Level Musical Freestyle Challenge) 71.042%
- 16th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (Third Level Freestyle) 73.367%
- Sternlicht Hilltop (Soliman de Hus-Rascalino), owned by Hilltop Farm, bred by Rachel Ehrlich US-Bred
- CHAMPION USDF All-Breeds Hanoverian (Third Level) 71.463%
- 6th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (FEI 6 Year Olds) 8.0
- 12th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (Third Level) 71.463%
- Qredit Hilltop (Quaterback-Dream of Glory), owned by Hilltop Farm, bred by Judy Yancey US-Bred
- CHAMPION USDF Horse of the Year (Intermediate Musical Freestyle Challenge) 72.508%
- CHAMPION USDF All-Breeds Oldenburg OHBS (Intermediate Freestyle) 74.00%
- 2nd Place in USDF All-Breeds Oldenburg OHBS (Intermediate I) 71.514%
- 4th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (Intermediate I Freestyle) 74.00%
- 7th Place in USDF Horse of the Year Standings (Intermediate I) 71.514%
- Feuerbach (Florestan-Welcome), owned by Kaja Brix, bred by Rudolf Hellman
- CHAMPION USDF All-Breeds Westfalen (Prix St. Georges) 69.343%
- Witness Hilltop (Hamlet-Burggraaf), owned by Hilltop Farm, bred by Renee Fransen
- 3rd Place in USDF All-Breeds KWPN (Grand Prix) 67.577%
It is with a broken heart that we share the news of Royal Prince’s passing this week. Late in the afternoon of January 20th Royal Prince presented an acute colic and was immediately taken to New Bolton Center. Unfortunately due to complications discovered during surgery, the only humane choice was to euthanize him.
Any who has endured the loss of a horse can understand the sorrow and despair that descends like a shroud over everyone involved. Any who has witnessed a horse struggle through serious illness can understand how emotional it is to watch horses fight for their lives and how much respect such horses earn amongst their caregivers.
Hilltop Articles & Interviews
Wisconsin breeders work on one foal at a time. Shannon (a competitive dressage rider) and Doug Langer, DVD, (a partner of the Wisconsin Equine Clinic and Hospital) have bred Hanoverians for 10 years at their Maple Run Farm in Helenville, Wisconsin. They arrived on the international stage when their homebred Cabana Boy represented the United States at the 2007 World Young Horse Championships.
In the second day of competition at the 2008 Markel/United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) National Young Horse Dressage Championships presented by Collecting Gaits Farm, claiming the title in the four-year-old division was Michael Bragdell and Selten HW besting 19 other horses to win with a score of 8.56.