USEF Sire Rankings
The United States Equestrian Federation compiles annual Sire Rankings based on competition results of recorded offspring. With the results finalized the end of December, we’re excited to share the achievements for the current, and a few former, stallions at Hilltop Farm.
- Quite Easy
- USEF Leading Hunter Sire. This is the second consecutive year Quite Easy was recognized as the Leading Hunter Sire!
- USEF Jumper Sire Rankings – 8th
- USEF Eventing Sire Rankings – 22nd
- USEF Leading Eventing Sire – Reserve Champion
- USEF Hunter Sire – 17th
- USEF Dressage Sport Horse Breeding Sire – Reserve Champion
- USEF Hunter Eventing Sire – 10th
- USEF Dressage Sport Horse Breeding Sire – 4th
- USEF Dressage Sire – 16th
- USEF Dressage Sire – 4th
- USEF Dressage Sport Horse Breeding Sire – 15th
- USEF Half-Arabian Sire – 22nd
- USEF Eventing Sire – 9th
- Doctor Wendell MF
- USEF Dressage Sport Horse Breeding Sire – 13th
- Donarweiss GGF
- USEF Dressage Sport Horse Breeding Sire – 10th
- Don Principe
- USEF Dressage Sire – 14th
- USEF Dressage Sport Horse Breeding Sire – 5th
- USEF Hunter Breeding Sire – 16th
- USEF Dressage Sire – 8th
- USEF Dressage Sire – 30th
- Pikko del Cerro
- USEF Dressage Sport Horse Breeding Sire – 21st
- USEF Dressage Sport Horse Breeding Sire – 19th
- USEF Dressage Sport Horse Breeding Sire – 6th
- Royal Prince
- USEF Hunter Breeding Sire – 7th
- USEF Dressage Sport Horse Breeding Sire – 11th
- USEF Dressage Sire – 11th
- USEF Dressage Sport Horse Breeding Sire – 3rd
It’s great to see offspring of so many of the stallions competing successfully around the country. Congratulations to the owners, breeders, and riders of the many wonderful offspring out showing this season. Wishing you all continued success in 2017!
Each year the United States Dressage Federation honors one breeder as the USDF Dressage Breeder of the Year and we are very excited to share that Hilltop Farm was the recipient for this award in 2013.
Carola Koppelmann and Comic Hilltop FRH won the 2006 Nurnberger Burgpokal at CDI-W Frankfurt last weekend with a winning score of 74.10% in the final round. The Nurnberg Burgpokal is the German National Championships for horses in the small tour (Prix St. George) and is only open to 7 – 9 year-old horses.
Hilltop Articles & Interviews
Wisconsin breeders work on one foal at a time. Shannon (a competitive dressage rider) and Doug Langer, DVD, (a partner of the Wisconsin Equine Clinic and Hospital) have bred Hanoverians for 10 years at their Maple Run Farm in Helenville, Wisconsin. They arrived on the international stage when their homebred Cabana Boy represented the United States at the 2007 World Young Horse Championships.
A Sport Horse Handler, whether at a show, inspection or exhibition, constantly strives for that 'magical moment' as he guides a horse in hand around the arena, often negotiating a large triangle formed from flower pots and jump poles. Together the two lift off and eat up the ground, matching stride for stride -- the horse seeming to float, to collect and extend on his own, all in perfect rhythm. The handler is as discreet as possible so that all attention focuses on the horse looking his best.