17.2h | 2018 | Dutch Warmblood Stallion
Negro – Krack C – Fruhling
Such an exceptionally proven pedigree for the producing Grand Prix horses this young stallion offers! Nacho is sired by the preferent stallion Negro, a successful FEI competitor himself and a proven producer of Grand Prix horses including Olympic Champion Valegro, international Team horses Fendi T and Nintendo, and 2x World Young Horse Champion Kjento. Negro offspring have proven time and again they have the talent for the FEI work and are winning at the FEI levels with professionals, amateurs, and young riders.
Nacho’s dam Benetton is a ster mare by the Grand Prix stallion Krack C. Krack C had an exceptionally successful career at Grand Prix under Anky Van Grunsven, including a top ten finish at the World Equestrian Games, and went on to sire numerous licensed stallions and FEI competitors. Nacho’s Granddam Mystiek has produced multiple elite mares and the Intermediate I horse Djuice Geuzenhof, in addition to other Z and Z-Licht horses. Great-grandsire Fruhling was an Advanced Level showjumper whose influence is well-established with 10 approved sons.
Nacho completed his KWPN Stallion Performance Test in 2021, earning especially high praise for his canter which earned a score of 9. Additional highlights included 8’s for both rideability and attitude as well as posture and balance. With Nacho’s proven pedigree and beautiful exterior we feel he’s an excellent addition for North American breeders and we anticipate he’ll improve the canter and add size for dressage breeders.
Video & Pedigree
2021: Approved KWPN & HV
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Nacho is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on Night or Day’s frozen semen.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $410 for FedEx Overnight or $380 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $680 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $15 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $155 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $55 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $55 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $46 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together; $46 per each additional Mare Owner per shipment
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $88
- Container Deposit – $1350 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
REGISTRATION & FUTURITY INFORMATION
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- ISR/OldenburgNA: Offspring by many of the European stallions may be eligible for registration upon the mare owner’s completion of a Foreign Stallion Permit.
- American Hanoverian Society (AHS) Yearling & 2-Year Old Futurity: Yearling and 2-Year Old Nacho offspring that are AHS registered, Hanoverian Verband registered, AHS Certificate of Pedigree, or American Rhineland registered are eligible for participation. For additional information and futurity guidelines click HERE.