16.2h | 1993 | Hanoverian Stallion
Pike Bube II – Abajo xx – Lombard
One of the most accomplished stallions of his time, Pik L’s performance record is exceptional. Pik L dominated many of the small tour divisions winning dozens of Prix St. Georges and Intermediate classes at some of the most prestigious shows in the country with highlights including a fourth place finish at the 2003 Pan Am Games, USDF Intermediate Horse of the Year, and 4th place finish in the CHIO Aachen. Pik L seamlessly transition work with junior riders, taking three different riders to national championship titles.
Pik L’s sire Pik Bube II was sired by Pik Koenig and out the Frustra II daughter Franka. This combination of Pik Koenig and Franka was repeated 6 times, with full-siblings to Pik Bube II appearing the mareline of five approved stallions including Bergamon and Donnerschlag, Pik L’s damsire Abajo, was a Hanoverian approved Thoroughbred stallion. He proved to be a very versatile sire producing both dressage and jumping horses; as well as many states premium daughters.
Pik L’s production records has been equally impressive as his sport record, with approved stallion and International Grand Prix competitor Pikko del Cerro to his credit; as well as many other FEI level dressage horses, his ability to produce dressage talent is undeniable. Pik L also has produced jumpers and eventers; the most noteworthy being the international eventer Pennsylvania 28 with wins at the CIC3* level. Pik L is also proving his value as a damsire as we see the quality his daughters are producing, such as the Hanoverian licensed Bodyguard out of Power Girl JL. With their wonderful temperaments, rideability, and versatile athletic talent, Pik L is a top consideration for many breeders.
Video & Pedigree
Performance Test: 4th place overall of 100-Day Test
128.69 Overall/127.30 Dressage/115.36 Jumping
2011: FEI North American Jr/YR Championship ~ Individual & Team Gold Medalist
2011: USDF Region 1 Championships FEI Jr/YR ~ Individual & Team Champion
2007: USDF National Intermediaire I Championships ~ 4th place Overall
2007: Pan American Games ~ Gold Medal Team, Reserve Individual
2006: Dressage at Devon FEI Jr/YR ~ 1st Place
2005: USDF Junior Team Championship Gold Medalist
2004: CHIO Aachen Intermediaire Freestyle ~ 4th Place
2004: Dressage at Devon ~ Winner of Prix St. Georges and Intermediaire I
2003: USDF Intermediaire I & Intermediaire Freestyle Horse of the Year
2003: Pan American Games ~ 4th Place
2003: Dressage at Devon Small Tour Champion & FEI High Score
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Pik L is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on Pik L’s frozen semen.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $395.00 for FedEx Overnight or $365.00 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $660.00 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $15.00 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $150.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $50.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $55.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $85.00
- Container Deposit – $1350.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
REGISTRATION & FUTURITY INFORMATION
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- KWPN-NA: Offspring out of KWPN-NA mares and by stallions approved with an Erkend Studbook (such as Pik L) are eligible for Register A papers.
- American Hanoverian Society (AHS) Yearling & 2-Year Old Futurity: Yearling and 2-Year Old Pik L offspring that are AHS registered, AHS Certificate of Pedigree, or American Rhineland registered are eligible for participation. For additional information and futurity guidelines click HERE.