16.3h | 2018 | Oldenburg Stallion
Sir Donnerhall I – Fürst Heinrich I – Brentano II
NEW for the 2023 breeding season! This charismatic, handsome black stallion brings three high-quality gaits and a fresh pedigree for our breeders. Sir Real is by the influential sire Sir Donnerhall I. Sir Donnerhall’s influence rivals that of his sire Sandro Hit and we see both Sir Donnerhall and Sandro Hit ranked in the top 5 of the 2021 WBFSH Dressage Sire Ranking List. Sir Donnerhall has over 100 licensed sons, over 200 premium mares, and over 200 offspring that have competed through S Level Dressage. The genetics of the family are strong and Sir Donnerhall’s full-sibling is a World Cup Finalist and Olympic competitor under Morgan Barbancon.
Sir Real’s dam Fürstin Florentina B is by Fürst Heinrich. Champion of his 70-Day Test, Reserve Champion at Bundeschampionship Final, and World Young Horse Champion as a 5-Year old, Fürst Heinrich quickly drew attention of breeders. His influence as a breeding stallion is strongly felt with numerous state premium mares and over 40 approved sons. Sir Real’s maternal granddam Bella has produced three licensed stallions in addition Fürstin Florentina and grandsire Brentano II has psired top dressage horses including Brentina, Debbie McDonald’s Olympic horse.
In his first year showing, Sir Real qualified for the USEF Young Horse National Championships with scores as high as 8.98 during the qualifying season. All three gaits consistently score over 8 and the walk is a particular highlight. Sir Real finished the year ranked #4 in the Horse of the Year standings with a median score of 8.3. Sir Real also finished 2nd at the NA Stallion Sport Test with an overall score of 8.5 and high-praise from the judging commission. His rideability is a highlight, along with his beautiful type. Sir Real is currently licensed with the AHS, ARS, ISR/Oldenburg, GOV, and Westfalen.
Video & Pedigree
2022: Licensed AHS, Westfalen, & ISR/Oldenburg
2022: Qualified and competed at the USEF 4-Year Old National Championship
2022: 8.3 Median Score in the USEF 4-Year Olds
2018: Elite Foal
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Sir Real will be available via cooled semen from March 13th, 2023 to July 31st, 2023. Stallions are only collected at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
REMINDER: The SBS lab is closed and stallions will not be collected on Easter Sunday, Monday of Memorial Day weekend, and July 4th. Show schedules will be updated to this page 30-days in advance of upcoming shows.
Cooled Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card. All cooled semen shipments are sent using the Equitainer, which we believe provides the most reliable, consistent cooling of semen.
- $426.60 for US shipments – including round-trip FedEx shipping and collection fee – $15.00 additional for Saturday delivery
- Pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS: $260.00 weekday, $280.00 Sunday
- US Airline Shipments: $594.00 weekday, $621.00 Sunday (does not include return by FedEx)
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $85.00
- Container Deposit – $250.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
- Cooled semen is available to select locations in Canada, Contact Us for additional information.
Frozen semen from Sir Real is not available at this time.
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
REGISTRATION & FUTURITY INFORMATION
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- Licensed ISR/OldenburgNA
- Licensed AHS & ARS
- Licensed Westfalen
- Licensed GOV
- American Hanoverian Society (AHS) Yearling & 2-Year Old Futurity: Yearling and 2-Year Old Sir Real offspring that are Hanoverian or American Rhineland registered are eligible for participation. For additional information and futurity guidelines click HERE.