17h | 2009 | Dutch Warmblood Stallion
Lord Leatherdale – Negro – El Corona
This Olympic medalist has been in the spotlight since a young age! Everdale was Champion of his Stallion Test, winner of the PAVO Cup Finals, and was winning Grand Prix by the age of 10. The 2021 show season catapulted Everdale further into the spotlight with a Bronze Team medal at the Tokyo Olympics and a Silver Team medal & individual 5th place finish at the European Championships. He continued to impress with top CDI placings internationally in 2022, as did multiple Everdale offspring as they made their Grand Prix debut in 2022 including Imhotep and Inclusive.
Everdale’s sire, Lord Leatherdale, is himself an FEI horse who is well regarded for rideability and character. His offspring have competed at the PAVO Cup Finals, World Championships for Young Horses, and the FEI arena around the world. Everdale’s damline is particularly strong; the mares have been highly decorated, including Everdale’s great-granddam who is a full-sister to the approved stallion Havidoff. Grandsire Negro has become a legend as a sire of Grand Prix horses including Olympic & World Champion Valegro.
Everdale stamps his neck, uphill balance, good mechanics, and an excellent canter on his offspring. He has several approved sons to his record and his offspring are highly placed in prestigious competitions including qualifying for the PAVO Cup, USEF Young Horse Championships, the World Championships for Young Horses, and the FEI World Championships. His offspring continue to showcase their talent for top sport and are in demand with top professionals around the world.
Video & Pedigree
Performance Test: Champion of Stallion Performance Test,
- Scores of 9 on walk, canter, & rideability
2021: European Championships ~ 5th Overall and Silver Team for Great Britain
2021: Toyko Olympics ~ Team Bronze for Great Britain
2021: Compiègne CDI3* Grand Prix ~ 1st Place
2021: Exloo CDI3* ~ 1st Place Grand Prix Special & 3rd Place Grand Prix
2021: Hagen a. T. W. CDI4* ~ 4th Place Grand Prix Freestyle & 5th Place Grand Prix
2020: Amsterdam CDI-W Grand Prix ~ 7th Place
2019: London Olympia CDI-W Grand Prix & Grand Prix Freestyle ~ 3rd Place
2019: Stuttgart CDI4* Grand Prix & Grand Prix Special ~ 6th Place
2019: Aachen CDI4* Grand Prix Special ~ 7th Place
2019: Kronenberg CDI3* Grand Prix Special ~ 2nd Place
2019: Compiegne CDI3* Grand Prix Freestyle ~ 1st Place
2019: Hertogenbosch CDI U-25 Grand Prix Freestyle ~ 1st Place
2019: Lier CDI U-25 Grand Prix ~ 1st Place
2018: Intermediate II and U-25 Grand Prix debut
2017: Prix St. Georges and Intermediate I debut
2013: Champion PAVO Cup Finals for 4-Year Olds
2012: Champion of Stallion Performance Test
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Everdale is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on Everdale’s frozen semen.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $410 for FedEx Overnight or $380 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $680 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $15 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $155 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $55 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $55 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $46 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together; $46 per each additional Mare Owner per shipment
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $88
- Container Deposit – $1350 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
REGISTRATION & FUTURITY INFORMATION
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- Selle Francais
- AHS: Everdale offspring out of Hanoverian approved mares are eligible for registration with the AHS with payment of a Foreign Sire Fee.
- GOV: Everdale offspring out of Oldenburg approved mares are eligible for registration with the GOV with payment of a Foreign Sire Fee.
- ISR/OldenburgNA: Offspring of many of the European stallions may be eligible for registration upon the mare owner’s completion of a Foreign Stallion Permit.
- American Hanoverian Society (AHS) Yearling & 2-Year Old Futurity: Yearling and 2-Year Old Everdale offspring that are AHS registered, Hanoverian Verband registered, AHS Certificate of Pedigree, or American Rhineland registered are eligible for participation. For additional information and futurity guidelines click HERE.