16.1h | 2009 | Zweibrucker Stallion
Galant du Serein – Rohdiamant – Warkant
A versatile talent, Gallant Reflection was Reserve Champion of his 70-Day Stallion Testing with an overall score of 127 points, finishing 2nd in dressage and 4th jumping. In 2015, Gallant Reflection was the USEF Six-Year Old National Champion. As a seven-year old, he placed in the Top 6 at the USEF Developing Prix St. Georges National Championships, and finished in the Top 20 for USDF Horse of the Year standings for both Prix St. Georges and Intermediate I. In 2018, Gallant Reflection ranked in the Top 10 for the USDF Horse of the Year standings for Intermediate II.
Gallant Reflection’s sire descends from exceptional French breeding. The jumping ability in this pedigree is expected, but they are also very successful dressage horses as seen in sire Galant du Serein who competed at the top of International dressage sport including the Olympic Games, World Equestrian Games, and World Cup Finals. On Gallant Reflection’s dam side, we find a strong dressage influence through Rohdiamant and Warkant. Gallant Reflection offers a unique pedigree outcross for many mares.
Gallant Reflection consistently adds elegance, a beautiful expression, and good elasticity combined with an excellent character. The oldest Gallant Reflection son is already winning at Training and First Level with scores in the 70s. In 2021, Gallant Reflection offspring finished at the top of the USDFBC Rocky Mountain Series finishing as Champion Filly and Reserve Champion Colt. He can complement a wide variety of dressage-bred mares and with a strong jumping aptitude and excellent technique can cross-over to the hunter market as well.
Video & Pedigree
Performance Test: Reserve Champion of his 70-Day Test
- 127.64 Total/128.62 Dressage/120.27 Jumping
- Class I status
2018: Debuted at Intermediate II and Developing Grand Prix ~ scores in the 70’s
2016: USEF Developing Horse National Championships ~ 5th place
2016: Palm Beach Dressage Derby ~ 1st place Developing PSG
2015: Dressage at Devon ~ 1st place Fourth Level Test 2
2015: USEF Young Horse National Champion ~ FEI 6-Year Olds
2015: USDF Horse of the Year ~ FEI 6-Year Olds
2013: Reserve Champion of Stallion Performance Test
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Gallant Reflection is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on Gallant Reflection’s frozen semen.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $395.00 for FedEx Overnight or $365.00 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $660.00 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $15.00 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $150.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $50.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $55.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $85.00
- Container Deposit – $1000.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
REGISTRATION & FUTURITY INFORMATION
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- AHS & ARS
- KWPN-NA: Offspring out of KWPN-NA mares and by stallions approved with an Erkend Studbook (such as Gallant Reflection) are eligible for Register A papers.
- American Hanoverian Society (AHS) Yearling & 2-Year Old Futurity: Yearling and 2-Year Old Gallant Reflection offspring that are AHS registered, AHS Certificate of Pedigree, or American Rhineland registered are eligible for participation. For additional information and futurity guidelines click HERE.