16.2h | 2012 | Dutch Warmblood Stallion
Connaisseur – Ulft – Able Albert xx
A dynamic new stallion for the 2023 season that offers a unique pedigree, excellent trainability, and the athleticism and movement needed for top sport. Harvest was named Champion of the inaugural North American Stallion Sport Test in 2017, earning a high overall score of 8.61 and 9’s for his with the trot and overall impression. With each step forward in his career he’s continued to garner positive attention. In 2018, Harvest finished 4th at the USEF Young Horse National Championships and was Reserve Champion for Third Level AA at the US Dressage Finals.
At age 8, Harvest made his FEI debut at Intermediate II with a score of 79.5%! Harvest was Reserve Champion at the USEF Developing Horse Grand Prix Championships and Reserve Champion in the USDF Horse of the Year rankings that same year. The following season, Harvest was again 2nd at the USEF Developing Horse Grand Prix Championships and scored above 70% the entire season at Intermediate II & Grand Prix.
Harvet’s sire Connaisseur successfully completed his KWPN Stallion Performance Test in 2011, earning no score less than 8.0. The canter, posture and balance, rideability, and talent as a dressage horse being particular highlights earning scores of 8.5. Connaisseur then earned Top Ten placings in the PAVO Cup finals as both a 4 and 5-year old and has developed into a successful Grand Prix horse. As a sire, Connaisseur can count inspection champions, high-selling elite auction foals, PAVO Cup and World Young Horse Championship competitors, and his oldest offspring are proving successful at the FEI levels including the young International GP mare Haute Couture (ds. Krack C) . Harvest’s dam Naomi has produced two elite mares, numerous performance horses, one licensed stallion in addition to Harvest, is the grand-dam to one additional licensed stallion. Damsire Ulft was an exceptionally versatile producer with numerous dressage and jumping horses to his credit and is the sire of the influential stallion Ferro.
With performance primarily being the focus of Harvest’s career, he has only bred lightly. In 2021, the Harvest filly Relight My Fire was named finished in the top ten of the USDF East Coast Breeders Current Year Foal Championship. We see Harvest’s clear stamp in his offspring that exhibit lots of elasticity and a powerful hindleg, a compact frame, good bone, and an nicely set neck. We are very excited to finally be able to make this top stallion more accessible for North American breeders.
Video & Pedigree
2021: USEF Developing Grand Prix Championships ~ Reserve Champion
2020: USEF Developing Grand Prix Championships ~ Reserve Champion
2020: USDF Horse of the Year ~ Reserve Champion Intermediate II AA
2018: USDF FEI 6-Year Old Rankings ~ 5th Place
2018: US Dressage Finals Third Level AA Championship ~ Reserve Champion
2018: USDF Region 1 Third Level AA Championship ~ Reserve Champion
2018: FEI 6-Year Old National Championships ~ 4th Place
2017: NA Stallion Sport Test East Coast ~ High Score Dressage Stallion with overall score of 8.62, scores of 9 for trot and overall impression
2016: USDF East Coast Breeders 4 & 5-Year Old Materiale Championship ~ Champion
2015: VWF Dressage Prinsenstad ~ 1st place
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Harvest is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on Harvest’s frozen semen.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $410 for FedEx Overnight or $380 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $680 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $15 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $155 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $55 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $55 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $46 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together; $46 per each additional Mare Owner per shipment
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $88
- Container Deposit – $1350 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
REGISTRATION & FUTURITY INFORMATION
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- Approved GOV
- Approved AHS & Rhineland
- American Hanoverian Society (AHS) Yearling & 2-Year Old Futurity: Yearling and 2-Year Old Harvest offspring that are AHS registered, AHS Certificate of Pedigree, or American Rhineland registered are eligible for participation. For additional information and futurity guidelines click HERE.