16.3h | 1996 | Dutch Warmblood Stallion
Jazz – Aktion – Transvaal
Pedigree, performance, and most importantly an incredibly strong record as a sire make Olivi a top contender for dressage breeders. Olivi is sired by Jazz, one of the most significant sires in modern dressage breeding. An international competitor himself, Jazz currently stands #1 on the WBFSH Dressage Sire Rankings and is the sire of international stars such as Johnson, Parzival, and Vancouver K. Jazz’s sire Cocktail was also a successful Grand Prix horse under Anky van Grunsven.
Olivi’s dam descends from the famous Utopia mare line, one of Holland’s prized mare families that produced both dressage horses and jumpers. Famous stallions such as Vivaldi and Arko III also come from the Utopia mare line. Olivi’s damsire Aktion competed in the European Championships, World Equestrian Games, and Olympics.
Olivi was Reserve Champion of his KWPN Stallion Selection. His competition record includes placings in the PAVO Cup Finals, the French Young Rider Championships, and at the CDI Grand Prix level.
Olivi’s offspring have earned him the incredibly high Dressage Index of 175 and he stands 2nd behind his sire on the KWPN Sire Rankings and was ranked 18th on the 2018 WBFSH Dressage Sire Rankings. He has sired many Keur/Elite daughters, two approved sons, and is the damsire for additional licensed stallions. His offspring have been consistent winners from the Young Horse classes up through Grand Prix in both Europe and the US. In 2018, the Olivi son Triviant competed at the World Cup Finals & World Equestrian Games, Zo’dan won the Intermediate I AA Championships for USDF Region 6, and almost all of his US-born offspring earned First Premium at their keurings.
To breed your next champion, start with a proven sire like Olivi.
Video & Pedigree
Performance Test: Scores of 8 for walk, trot, & talent as a dressage horse
2017: 2nd on KWPN Dressage Sire Rankings
2017: 18th on WBFSH Dressage Sire Rankings
2016: 2nd on KWPN Dressage Sire Rankings
2016: 60th on WBFSH Dressage Sire Rankings
2010: Awarded Keur status by the KWPN
2009: Approved Selle Francais
2009: 3rd place Biarritz CDI3* Grand Prix Muscial Freestyle
2008: 4th in French Young Rider Championships
2005: Winner in Ermelo ZZ level
2000: 9th place PAVO Cup Finals for 4-Year Olds
1999: KWPN Stallion Test
1999: Reserve Champion Stallion of KWPN Stallion Selection in Den Bosch
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Olivi is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on Olivi’s frozen semen.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $360.00 for FedEx Overnight or $330.00 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $600.00 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $20.00 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $125.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $45.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $45.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $75.00
- Container Deposit – $1000.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- Selle Francais
- ISR/OldenburgNA: Many of the European stallions may be eligible for registration upon the mare owner’s completion of a Foreign Stallion Permit.
- Westfalen: Any Westfalen papered and branded mare bred to Lifetime Licensed and Approved German warmblood stallion (including Olivi) may register her foal Westfalen.
- Hanoverian: Due to Olivi’s WBFSH Sire Ranking, offspring by Olivi and out of Hanoverian Approved mares may receive Hanoverian papers with payment of a Foreign Sire Fee.