16.3 1/2h | 2001 | Oldenburg Stallion
Royal Diamond – Dream of Glory
Royal Prinz is an elegant, long-legged stallion with a long FEI career that includes CDI wins in Wellington, Tryon, Saugerties, and San Juan Capistrano. He was the 2012 Reserve Champion of the USEF National Championships at Intermediaire, USDF All-Breeds Champion at Prix St. Georges, USDF All-Breeds Reserve Champion at Intermediaire I, and 3rd in USDF Horse of the Year standings. Under several riders, he has proven his talent and consistency.
Royal Prinz is sired by Royal Diamond, who earned attention as Champion of his Stallion Performance Test with an impressive 140 points overall and 150 points in dressage. He went on to win the Bundeschampionat and developed up to the Grand Prix level. Royal Diamond is a full-brother to Rohdiamant. Royal Prinz’s damsire, Dream of Glory, has proven particularly influential as a damsire including our own CDI Grand Prix horse Qredit Hilltop.
Bred only lightly in his early years, Royal Prinz offspring have already succeeded well in dressage and eventing. From his earliest foal crop, the Oldenburg mare Roma won the 2022 USDF Region 7 Jr/YR Intermediatie I Championship. His first foals through Hilltop Farm very much impressed us with their type and high-quality movement across a variety of mares. He has multiple Premium and Gold Medal foals to his credit. In 2020, Rapscallion ASH was the USDF Horse of the Year for Dressage Sporthorse Breeding Yearling Colts/Geldings. Royal Prinz’s stamp is particularly evident in their head/neck, expression, and freedom of the shoulder.
Video & Pedigree
Performance Test: Lifetime Approval based on Sport Record
2018: Approved ISR/OldenburgNA, Hanoverian, & Westfalen
2012: USEF National Championships ~ Reserve Champion Intermediaire
2012: USDF Horse of the Year Intermediaire I ~ 3rd Place
2012: USDF Horse of the Year Prix St. Georges ~ 10th Place
2012: USDF GOV All-Breeds Awards Reserve Champion ~ Intermediaire I
2012: USDF GOV All-Breeds Awards Champion ~ Prix St. Georges
Approved Oldenburg Verband
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Royal Prinz is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on Royal Prinz’s frozen semen.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $410 for FedEx Overnight or $380 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $680 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $15 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $155 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $55 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $55 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $46 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $88
- Container Deposit – $1350 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
REGISTRATION & FUTURITY INFORMATION
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- AHS & ARS
- KWPN-NA: Offspring out of KWPN-NA mares and by stallions approved with an Erkend Studbook (such as Royal Prinz) are eligible for Register A papers.
- American Hanoverian Society (AHS) Yearling & 2-Year Old Futurity: Yearling and 2-Year Old Royal Prinz offspring that are AHS registered, AHS Certificate of Pedigree, or American Rhineland registered are eligible for participation. For additional information and futurity guidelines click HERE.