16.3h | 2002 | Irish Draught Stallion
Mount Diamond Flag – Agherlow – Ginger Dick
New for 2023! Steeped in Luck is a Class 1 Irish Draught that has competed at Grand Prix at shows such as Devon, Tryon, & Wellington. He represented both Canada and United States at CDI-W’s and CDI3* throughout North America and proved himself a consistent, reliable performer under a number of different riders over the years. He is a 5* Irish Sport Horse (dressage), a Gold premium Canadian Sport Horse, and a Class 1 Gold premium Irish Draught.
The Irish Draught breed is known for their character & soundness and are often crossed with excellent success on Thoroughbred and Warmblood mares. Jumping ability transmits strongly through these genes and Steeped in Luck is a grandson of Flagmount Diamond, sire of the multiple International Grand Prix winning showjumpers. Flagmount Diamond was previously ranked in the Top 50 showjumping stallions of the world by the WBFSH and is a son of the legendary King of Diamonds.
Steeped in Luck’s offspring have AA-friendly temperaments & are versatile athletes. While his breeding availability was limited when he was showing, we’ve already seen his offspring competiting at the 3* level in eventing, showing up to Prix St. Georges in dressage, and winning Premium titles at their foal inspections. Steeped in Luck has been exported to the UK, but we are lucky to still have access to his excellent quality frozen semen here in North America.
Video & Pedigree
2020: Wellington CDI3* Grand Prix & Grand Prix Freestyle ~ 7th Place
2019: Devon CDI3* ~ Grand Prix Special 5th Place & Grand Prix 6th Place
2017: Devon CDI-W ~ Grand Prix Freestyle 6th Place & Grand Prix 8th Place
2017: Tryon CDI-W ~ Grand Prix Freestyle 2nd Place & Grand Prix 3rd Place
2016: Wellington CDI3* Grand Prix Consolation ~ 4th Place
2014: Devon CDI3* ~ Intermediaire A 3rd Place & Intermediaire B 4th Place
2012: Saugerties CDI-W ~ Intermediate I Freestyle 4th Place, Intermediate I 8th Place, & Prix St. Georges 7th Place
2012: Dressage at Devon 4-Year Old & Older Stallions In-Hand ~ 9th Place
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Steeped in Luck is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on Steeped in Luck’s frozen semen.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $410 for FedEx Overnight or $380 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $680 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $15 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $155 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $55 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $55 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $46 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together; $46 per each additional Mare Owner per shipment
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $88
- Container Deposit – $1350 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
REGISTRATION & FUTURITY INFORMATION
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- Approved Irish Draught
- Approved Canadian Sporthorse
- KWPN-NA: Offspring out of KWPN mares or mares registered with an Erkend Studbook of the KWPN and by stallions approved with an Erkend Studbook (such as Steeped In Luck) are eligible for Register A papers.
- Irish Draught Horse Society of North America: Offspring out of Irish Draught mares are eligible for Purebred Irish Draught Papers with IDHSNA. Offspring out of non-Irish Draught mares are eligible for registration in the Irish Draught Sport Horse Studbook.
- Sport Horse Ireland: Offspring out of registered Irish Draught Mares are eligible for registration in the Irish Draught Horse Studbook. Additionally, offspring out of mares from all World Breeding Federation for Sport Horses (WBFSH) studbooks, as well as Thoroughbred, Full & Part-Bred Arabian, and multiple other Irish breeds, are eligible for Irish Sport Horse papers.