Michael Qualifies Six for USEF Young/Developing Championships
Michael Bragdell succeeded in his big crazy goal for the year! The ranking lists have closed and he has qualified SIX horses for the US Equestrian Young/Developing Horse Championships Lamplight Equestrian Center August 24-27. It’s going to be a busy week for sure but we can hardly wait. The horses traveling to Chicago will include:
- Debonair MF (Doctor Wendell MF-Sandro Hit), 4yr old US-bred Hanoverian Stallion, owned/bred by Maryanna Haymon
- SenSation HW (Sunday-Dancier), 4yr old Westfalen gelding, owned by Carol McPhee and bred by Alfons Bergjohann
- Finery (Furstenball-Diamond Hit), 6yr old Oldenburg Stallion, owned by Anne Howard and bred by Otto Langemeyer
- Sternlicht Hilltop (Soliman de Hus-Rascalino), 7yr old US-bred Hanoverian Stallion, owned by Hilltop Farm and bred by Rachel E. Ehrlich
- Faberge Blue (Contango-Democraat), 7yr old US-bred KWPN gelding, owned by William Mitchelson and bred by Marie Emrey
- Qredit Hilltop (Quaterback-Dream of Glory), 9yr old US-bred Oldenburg Stallion, owned by Hilltop Farm and bred by Judy G Yancey
Congratulations and THANK YOU to all the owners and breeders of these wonderful horses! And good luck and safe travels to all the riders and horses coming to the Championships. Should be a very fun show!
Carola Koppelmann and Comic Hilltop FRH won the 2006 Nurnberger Burgpokal at CDI-W Frankfurt last weekend with a winning score of 74.10% in the final round. The Nurnberg Burgpokal is the German National Championships for horses in the small tour (Prix St. George) and is only open to 7 – 9 year-old horses.
Each year the United States Dressage Federation honors one breeder as the USDF Dressage Breeder of the Year and we are very excited to share that Hilltop Farm was the recipient for this award in 2013.
Hilltop Articles & Interviews
The manicured grounds of the Lamplight Equestrian Center were superb as was the quality of the equine competitors at the 2009 Markel/United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) National Young Horse Dressage Championships and the 2009 USEF National Developing Horse Dressage Championship, sponsored by the Dutta Corporation and Performance Sales International.
The phone rings at Hilltop Farm and breeding manager Natalie DiBerardinis answers. Just as she suspected, it is a mare owner looking for advice. Which stallion would be a good match for her mare, the caller asks anxiously. With scientific advances in artificial insemination, the choices for a perfect partner have never been greater, but that doesn't mean the selection process is any simpler. DiBerardinis asks the owner a few questions about her mare and suggests she complete Hilltop's online questionnaire. After reading it, she and the caller will talk again to discuss the options.