Michael Qualifies Six for USEF Young/Developing Championships
Michael Bragdell succeeded in his big crazy goal for the year! The ranking lists have closed and he has qualified SIX horses for the US Equestrian Young/Developing Horse Championships Lamplight Equestrian Center August 24-27. It’s going to be a busy week for sure but we can hardly wait. The horses traveling to Chicago will include:
- Debonair MF (Doctor Wendell MF-Sandro Hit), 4yr old US-bred Hanoverian Stallion, owned/bred by Maryanna Haymon
- SenSation HW (Sunday-Dancier), 4yr old Westfalen gelding, owned by Carol McPhee and bred by Alfons Bergjohann
- Finery (Furstenball-Diamond Hit), 6yr old Oldenburg Stallion, owned by Anne Howard and bred by Otto Langemeyer
- Sternlicht Hilltop (Soliman de Hus-Rascalino), 7yr old US-bred Hanoverian Stallion, owned by Hilltop Farm and bred by Rachel E. Ehrlich
- Faberge Blue (Contango-Democraat), 7yr old US-bred KWPN gelding, owned by William Mitchelson and bred by Marie Emrey
- Qredit Hilltop (Quaterback-Dream of Glory), 9yr old US-bred Oldenburg Stallion, owned by Hilltop Farm and bred by Judy G Yancey
Congratulations and THANK YOU to all the owners and breeders of these wonderful horses! And good luck and safe travels to all the riders and horses coming to the Championships. Should be a very fun show!
It is with great sadness that we share the passing of the Hanoverian stallion Tiamo Trocadero (Trapper-Darling). Tiamo Trocadero lived at Hilltop Farm from 2006 to 2008 and stood in our Guest Stallion Program for two seasons. Tiamo had an outstanding International dressage record which included being named an Alternate for the 2000 Olympic Games for the British Dressage Team.
It was an absolute perfect finish to our Florida show season when Chris and Witness were invited to be on Team USA for the first ever CDIO3* Nations Cup competition in Wellington, Florida. Chris and Witness started the weekend out strong with a 2nd place finish in Friday’s Prix St. Georges, but they really shone in the Freestyle under the lights on Saturday night.
Hilltop Articles & Interviews
In the second day of competition at the 2008 Markel/United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) National Young Horse Dressage Championships presented by Collecting Gaits Farm, claiming the title in the four-year-old division was Michael Bragdell and Selten HW besting 19 other horses to win with a score of 8.56.
The phone rings at Hilltop Farm and breeding manager Natalie DiBerardinis answers. Just as she suspected, it is a mare owner looking for advice. Which stallion would be a good match for her mare, the caller asks anxiously. With scientific advances in artificial insemination, the choices for a perfect partner have never been greater, but that doesn't mean the selection process is any simpler. DiBerardinis asks the owner a few questions about her mare and suggests she complete Hilltop's online questionnaire. After reading it, she and the caller will talk again to discuss the options.