16.2h | 1990 | Holsteiner Stallion
Redfort – Landego – Calypso II
Riverman’s movement, jumping style and scope, and his impressive type have captivated breeders’ attention around the world and the results of his offspring speak highly for his influence. Based on the success of his offspring, Riverman has been named 5 times the USEF Eventing Sire of the Year and he was honored for 3 consecutive years with the South Pacific Award as the Top-Ranked US-based Show Jumping Sire by the USEF.
The versatile athleticism that Riverman’s offspring so consistently display has translated into his offspring being successful at the upper levels in all disciplines. Each year we see numerous Riverman offspring competing at the FEI Levels in dressage. A pair of Riverman sons represented the US at the World Pairs Driving Championships twice. Riverman’s jumping ability transmits strongly and he has sired many Grand Prix jumpers and A-circuit hunters as well as Advanced Level eventers. He has many approved sons as well as Premium/Elite daughters to his breeding record and his positive impact on breeding will be felt for generations.
Riverman’s sire Redfort was a Grand Prix dressage horse, but he was also the full brother to Ratina Z who was the 1992 Olympic Silver medalist in Show Jumping. This genetic versatility is futher highlighted by names further back in his pedigree such has Landgraf and Cor de la Bryere – talented show jumping sires that also appear in many dressage pedigrees. Riverman’s dam line has been highly successful with a number of Grand Prix jumpers and approved stallions.
Limited semen for Riverman remains. Don’t miss your chance to breed to a legend!
Video & Pedigree
Performance Test: 105.48 Total/105.10 Dressage/102.90 Jumping
4-Star Stallion with ISR/OldenburgNA
2019: USEF Eventing Sire of the Year ~ Reserve Champion
2018: USEF Eventing Sire of the Year
2017: USEF Eventing Sire of the Year
2016: USEF Eventing Sire of the Year ~ Reserve Champion
2015: USEF Eventing Sire of the Year
2013: USEF South Pacific Award Winner ~ Top US based Show Jumping Sire
2013: USEF Eventing Sire of the Year ~ Reserve Champion
2012: USEF South Pacific Award Winner ~ Top US based Show Jumping Sire
2011: USEF South Pacific Award Winner ~ Top US based Show Jumping Sire
2010: USEF Eventing Sire of the Year
2009: USEF Eventing Sire of the Year
2000: Ranked 2nd on German FN Jumping Index
1995: Grand Champion of Dressage at Devon
1992: Reserve Champion of Holsteiner Stallion Licensing
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Riverman is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on Riverman’s frozen semen.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $355.00 for FedEx Overnight or $325.00 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $590.00 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $16.00 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $125.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $45.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $45.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $75.00
- Container Deposit – $1000.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- KWPN-NA: Offspring out of KWPN-NA mares and by stallions approved with an Erkend Studbook (such as Riverman) are eligible for Register A papers.
- SWANA: Riverman offspring out of SWANA mares are eligible for full registration.