16h | 2009 | PRE Stallion
Machin – Carbonero V – Español XIII
C Olivo showcases well the power and expression that PRE breeders are striving to achieve in their breedings. He was shown successfully in the FEI Young Horse classes, including placing 4th in the Finals class at the CDI-Segovia and winning at National Championship shows in Spain. The breeder has been so pleased with C Olivo’s quality that he has repeated the breeding combination between Machin and Esmeralda six additional times and the siblings are developing well in sport including Discreto who started at Second Level in 2019. Four of the siblings have also achieved revised status with the ANCCE.
C Olivo was imported to the US in the fall of 2017 as an international prospect for Diego Gonzalez. He was shown at Fourth Level in 2019 winning all of his tests and the focus for 2020 is on his development into an FEI horse for the future.
C Olivo is approved for breeding with the ANCCE, IALHA, and in 2018 was approved by the Oldenburg Verband opening up new options for breeders. We look forward to welcoming the first C Olivo foals in 2020.
Video & Pedigree
2018: Showing Fourth Level
2017: Competed Third Level
2014: Segovia CDI Young Horse 5-Year Old Final ~ 4th Place
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
C Olivo is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on C Olivo’s frozen semen.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $360.00 for FedEx Overnight or $330.00 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $600.00 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $20.00 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $125.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $45.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $45.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $75.00
- Container Deposit – $1000.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- IAHLA: Olivo offspring out of non-Andalusian or Lusitano mares are eligible for IAHLA Half-Bred registration papers.