16.3h | 2011 | Dutch Warmblood Stallion
Lord Leatherdale – Negro – Ahorn
Glamourdale has impressed with each step in his career and continues to exceed our expectations both in sport and breeding! He was named Champion of his KWPN keuring, placed second at his Stallion Performance Test, and commandingly won the FEI World Championships for Young Horses in 2018. The 2022 season further propelled Glamourdale into the spotlight when he commandingly won Team Silver and Individual Gold Medal in the Special and the Freestyle at the FEI World Championships! No looking back for Glamourdale and Lottie, the pair continued their winning ways in 2023 at some of the most prestigious international competitions, all while earning personal best scores as high as 92%!
Glamourdale’s sire, Lord Leatherdale, was Reserve Champion of his Stallion Performance Test and a successful FEI competitor; as well as a sire of Olympic medalist Everdale. His dam is half-sister to the approved stallion Numberto and has been an exceptional producer. Damsire Negro is proven choice for producing Grand Prix horses, including the Olympic Gold Medalist, World Cup Winner, and World Equestrian Games Gold Medalist, Valegro.
Glamourdale offspring have been selected for the World Breeding Championships for Young Horses, US National Young Horse Championships, PAVO Cup Finals, and beginning to debut at the FEI levels. In the US, his offspring are earning top placings at USDF Breeders Series and Regional Championships, and earning top Horse of the Year rankings. With power and scope to the movement, and a super character, Glamourdale offers the qualities dressage breeders are seeking.
Performance Test: 8’s or higher in all scores
2022: FEI World Championships ~ Double Gold Individual Medalist & Team Silver Medalist
2021: Aachen CDI4* ~ 2nd Place Grand Prix Special & 5th Place Grand Prix
2021: Grote-Brogel CDI3* Grand Prix & Grand Prix Freestyle ~ 1st Place
2021: Hagen a. T. W. CDI4* ~ 5th Place Grand Prix Special & 7th Grand Prix
2020: Intermediate II debut
2019: Aachen CDI4* Intermediate I & Prix St. Georges ~ 1st Place
2019: Compiegne CDI2* Intermediate I & Prix St. Georges ~ 1st Place
2018: World Championships for Young Horses – FEI 7-Year Olds ~ Champion
2018: Prix St. Georges debut
2017: KWPN Stallion Competition Finals ~ 4th Place
2016: World Championships for Young Horses – FEI 5-Year Olds ~ 10th Place
2016: PAVO Cup Finals for 5-Year Olds ~ 4th Place
2015: PAVO Cup Finals for 4-Year Olds ~ 6th Place
2015: Approved by the Oldenburg Verband
2014: Reserve Champion of KWPN Spring Stallion Performance Test
2014: Champion of KWPN Stallion Licensing
Breeding Fees & Contracts
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
Glamourdale is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on Glamourdale’s frozen semen.
Registration & Futurity Information
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- AHS: Glamourdale offspring out of Hanoverian approved mares are eligible for registration with the AHS with payment of a Foreign Sire Fee.
- GOV: Glamourdale offspring out of Oldenburg approved mares are eligible for registration with the GOV with payment of a Foreign Sire Fee.
- ISR/OldenburgNA: Offspring of many of the European stallions may be eligible for registration upon the mare owner’s completion of a Foreign Stallion Permit.
- American Hanoverian Society (AHS) Yearling & 2-Year Old Futurity: Yearling and 2-Year Old Glamourdale offspring that are AHS registered, Hanoverian Verband registered, AHS Certificate of Pedigree, or American Rhineland registered are eligible for participation. For additional information and futurity guidelines click HERE.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $410 for FedEx Overnight or $380 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $680 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $15 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $155 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $55 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $55 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $46 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together; $46 per each additional Mare Owner per shipment
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $88
- Container Deposit – $1350 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)