16.1h | 2015 | Hanoverian Stallion
Fürstenball – Gribaldi – Ferro
New for 2023! Fürst Gribaldi is a charming young stallion whose sport career has quickly progressed up to the FEI ring and he really impressed us with his first foals. Bred in the US by Avalon Farm, Fürst was exported back to Germany as a young prospect and completed his 50-day test in Germany. At the testing, he earned highlight scores of 9 for character and 8.5 for his willingness to work. Now back in the US, Fürst’s show career started strongly under Jannike Gray. In 2022, he placed 6th at Fourth Level in the USDF Region 8 Championships, made his Prix St. Georges debut, and captured the Stallion Championship for the USDF Breeders Championship Series in New England with a score over 80%.
Fürst’s sire, Fürstenball, is well-known for the excellent type and outstanding walk that he gives his offspring. Fürstenball’s influence as a sire is felt strongly and he has more than 90 approved sons and is currently ranked 12th on the WBFSH Dressage Sire rankings. Grandsire Gribaldi was a Grand Prix competitor who has also proven himself as a sire of top International competitors, including the legendary Totilas.
From Fürst Gribaldi’s first small foalcrop we already have seen Premium Foals and a USDF Breeders Championship Series Reserve Champion. We’re very excited to welcome Fürst to Hilltop for his cooled semen breeding season in 2023.
Video & Pedigree
2022: USDF Region 8 Fourth Level Open Championship ~ 6th Place
2022: USDF Region 8 Fourth Level Freestyle Championship ~ 4th Place
2022: USDF New England Breeders Championship ~ Stallion Champion
2022: NEDA Breed Show ~ Reserve Grand Champion & Reserve Mature Horse Champion
2021: USDF New England Breeders Championship ~ Stallion Champion
2020: Completed 50-Day Stallion Test in Schlieckau ~ Overall Score of 7.70
2016: USDF East Coast Breeders Championship Colt Final ~ 3rd Place
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Fürst Gribaldi will be available via cooled semen April 11th, 2023 to June 30th, 2023. Stallions are only collected at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
REMINDER: The SBS lab is closed and stallions will not be collected on Easter Sunday, Monday of Memorial Day weekend, and July 4th. Show schedules will be updated to this page 30-days in advance of upcoming shows.
Cooled Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card. All cooled semen shipments are sent using the Equitainer, which we believe provides the most reliable, consistent cooling of semen.
- $410 for US shipments – including round-trip FedEx shipping and collection fee – $15 additional for Saturday delivery
- Pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS: $268 weekday, $288 Sunday
- US Airline Shipments: $550 weekday, $575 Sunday
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $88
- Container Deposit – $250 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
- Cooled semen is available to select locations in Canada, Contact Us for additional information.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $410 for FedEx Overnight or $380 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $680 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $15 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $155 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $55 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $55 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $46 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together; $46 per each additional Mare Owner per shipment
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $88
- Container Deposit – $1350 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
REGISTRATION & FUTURITY INFORMATION
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- Approved AHS & ARS
- Approved Oldenburg
- Approved Westfalen
- KWPN-NA: Offspring out of KWPN-NA mares and by stallions approved with an Erkend Studbook (such as Fürst Gribaldi) are eligible for Register A papers.
- American Hanoverian Society (AHS) Yearling & 2-Year Old Futurity: Yearling and 2-Year Old Denmark offspring that are Hanoverian or American Rhineland registered are eligible for participation. For additional information and futurity guidelines click HERE.