15.3h | 2010 | PRE Stallion
Diamante Negro – Dadivoso IX – Favorito XXX
Flamenco was imported from a well-established breeding program in Spain that has produced many top competition horses. He earned scores as high as 74% at Fourth Level. His forward thinking mentality and willingness to work make him fun to train. Flamenco offers an especially free shoulder and has beautiful extensions, as well as the talent for collection for which the PRE breed is known. In 2022, he was ranked #2 for USDF All-Breeds at Prix St. Georges. We anticipate he will show at Intermediate II in 2023.
Flamenco YM is revised (approved) with the ANCCE and offspring are eligible for registration through the IALHA. He was also approved by the Oldenburg Verband in 2018 as an outcross stallion for warmblood mares. His breeders are both PRE and Spanish breeders as well as sporthorse breeders utilizing warmblood mares. Flamenco’s first offspring clearly bear his stamp in type and expression as well as his playful and curious attitude. His oldest offspring began undersaddle training in the summer of 2021 and we’re looking forward to riding more Flamenco offspring in the coming years.
Video & Pedigree
2019: Debuted at Prix St. Georges
2018: Approved with the Oldenburg Verband
2018: Competed Fourth Level
2017: Competed First & Second Level
Stallion Health Information
Flamenco is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on Flamenco’s frozen semen.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $410 for FedEx Overnight or $380 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $680 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $15 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $155 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $55 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $55 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $46 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together; $46 per each additional Mare Owner per shipment
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $88
- Container Deposit – $1350 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- IAHLA: Flamenco offspring out of non-Andalusian or Lusitano mares are eligible for IAHLA Half-Bred registration papers.