15.2h | 2004 | PRE Stallion
Jondo – Empaque – Revoltoso VII
Fiti is one of those special characters that immediately draws you in. His desire to perform combined with his compact size and talent for collection, have allowed his amateur rider to develop him quickly up the levels. In just a few years, this pair went from First Level to winning consistently at Grand Prix. In 2018, Fiti earned 3rd for Prix St. Georges and 2nd for Intermediate I for USDF All-Breeds (PRE) AA at Prix St. Georges and competed in his first CDI competitions. In 2019, Fiti had a strong season at Grand Prix. He finished the season 1st for USDF All-Breeds (PRE) AA, 3rd for All-Breeds (PRE) Open, and 7th for Adult Amateur Horse of the Year Standings at Grand Prix. In 2020, Fiti was named Reserve Champion at the USDF Region 3 Finals for Grand Prix and finished the year as USDF All-Breeds Champion for both Grand Prix and Grand Prix Freestyle. Fiti’s full brother is also an FEI horse.
Fiti AL has a natural talent for the collected work with piaffe, passage, and pirouettes seeming like a game for him. However, he offers more than just a talent for collection. His compact size combined with elastic and supple movement give his rider a very good feeling. Fiti is intelligent and sensible and an absolute pleasure to work around.
Fiti AL was already approved for breeding with the ANCCE and IALHA, but due to his competition record and quality he was the first PRE to be approved by both the Oldenburg Verband and the American Rhineland Studbook in 2018. His early breeders have been both Iberian horse breeders as well as warmblood breeders seeking an outcross for their breeding programs. The PRE x warmblood crosses have been gaining a lot of interest lately in both the US and Europe.
Video & Pedigree
2020: USDF Horse of the Year AA Grand Prix ~ 5th Place
2020: USDF Horse of the Year AA Musical Freestyle Grand Prix ~ 7th Place
2020: US PRE All-Breeds Award AA Grand Prix ~ Champion
2020: US PRE All-Breeds Award Open Grand Prix ~ Champion
2020: US PRE All-Breeds Award AA Musical Freestyle Grand Prix ~ Champion
2020: US PRE All-Breeds Award Open Musical Freestyle Grand Prix ~ Champion
2020: USDF Region 3 AA Grand Prix Reserve Champion
2020: USDF Region 3 Grand Prix Freestyle Championship ~ 5th Place
2019: USDF Horse of the Year AA Grand Prix ~ 7th Place
2019: US PRE All-Breeds Award AA Grand Prix ~ Champion
2019: US PRE All-Breeds Award Open Grand Prix ~ 3rd Place
2019: NEDA Year End Awards AA Grand Prix ~ 3rd Place
2018: Approved with the Oldenburg Verband and Rhineland Studbook
2018: Dressage at Devon ~ 2nd Place CDI AA Prix St. Georges & 6th Place CDI AA Inter. I
2017: Competed Prix St. Georges
2015: Competed Third Level
2014: Competed Second & Third Level
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Fiti will be available via cooled semen February 15th through August 31st. Stallions are only collected at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
The following is the tentative show schedule during breeding season for Fiti. We may choose to not attend some of the following shows, but want mare owners prepared for all possibilities.
- Thursday, May 27th – Sunday, May 30th
- Thursday, June 10 – Sunday, June 13th
Stallions are not available for collections on show days. Frozen semen may be shipped during this time. As you come closer to the cycle that you will be breeding your mare, contact Brittany to discuss any changes and how we can meet your breeding needs.
REMINDER: The SBS lab is closed and stallions will not be collected on Easter Sunday, Sunday and Monday of Memorial Day weekend, July 4th, and Sunday, August 2nd.
Cooled Semen distribution is handled by Rood & Riddle Wellington. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card. .
- $290.75 collection fee plus shipping at cost for US shipments
At this time we are unable to ship cooled semen to Canada.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $360.00 for FedEx Overnight or $330.00 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $600.00 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $20.00 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $125.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $45.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $45.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $75.00
- Container Deposit – $1000.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
REGISTRATION & FUTURITY INFORMATION
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- IAHLA: Fiti offspring out of non-Andalusian or Lusitano mares are eligible for IAHLA Half-Bred registration papers.
- American Hanoverian Society (AHS) Yearling & 2-Year Old Futurity: Yearling and 2-Year Old Fiti offspring that are American Rhineland registered are eligible for participation. For additional information and futurity guidelines click HERE.