16.3h | 2015 | Dutch Warmblood Stallion
Negro – Jazz – Juventus
Kjento is a stallion that quickly catches your attention, not just with his pedigree but with his attractive type, powerful gaits, and exceptional rideability. Champion of his KWPN Stallion Test, Kjento earned no score less than 8.5, five scores of 9, and a 9.5 for his canter for an impressive total of 90 points. In 2019, he was Reserve Champion at the PAVO Cup Finals.
Kjento is by the preferent stallion Negro, a proven sire of FEI horses. Negro is also strongly revered as a damsire and we see his influence in top stallions like Everdale and Glamourdale. Kjento’s dam competed through Z-level Dressage, was 3rd at the National Mare Show as a 3-year old, and earned an impressive score of 90 at her IBOP. She has been an exceptional producer and has 3 Ster and one Elite daughter and is also the granddam to the approved stallion Lance VOD. Her sire, Jazz, was himself an International Grand Prix competitor and has one of the strongest records in the world for siring FEI offspring. Jazz is currently ranked #1 in the world on both the KWPN and WBFSH Dressage Sire rankings.
Kjento has been very popular with our breeders and has had excellent fertility rates. We are very excited to welcome his first foals in the spring of 2020.
Video & Pedigree
Performance Test: Champion of Stallion Performance Test,
- Five scores of 9 and a 9.5 for canter
2020: 2019/2020 KWPN Stallion Competition Final L-Class ~ 2nd Place
2019: PAVO Cup Finals for 4-Year Olds ~ Reserve Champion
2019: Approved with the Oldenburg Verband
2018: Champion of Stallion Performance Test
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Kjento is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on Kjento’s frozen semen.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $360.00 for FedEx Overnight or $330.00 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $600.00 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $20.00 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $125.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $45.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $45.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $75.00
- Container Deposit – $1000.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- AHS: Kjento offspring out of Hanoverian approved mares are eligible for registration with the AHS with payment of a Foreign Sire Fee.
- GOV: Kjento’s offspring out of Oldenburg approved mares are eligible for registration with the GOV with payment of a Foreign Sire Fee.
- ISR/OldenburgNA: Offspring of many of the European stallions may be eligible for registration upon the mare owner’s completion of a Foreign Stallion Permit.
- American Hanoverian Society (AHS) Yearling & 2-Year Old Futurity: Yearling and 2-Year Old Kjento offspring that are AHS registered, Hanoverian Verband registered, AHS Certificate of Pedigree, or American Rhineland registered are eligible for participation. For additional information and futurity guidelines click HERE.