16.2h | 2017 | Hanoverian Stallion
Lord Leatherdale – Negro – Fruhling
The Lord Leatherdale-Negro cross has proven an exceptional nick and we are proud to offer Louisville as the next representative of this successful combination. Stallions such as Everdale, Glamourdale, and Chippendale have highlighted the success in both breeding and sport for this pedigree combination and Louisville has his own unique strengths to earn his place as stallion. As a foal, Louisville was an early standout winning the Colts of 2017 class with an 81.1% and the Devon Foal Championship at the prestigious Dressage at Devon. Louisville has been licensed by both the AHS and ISR/Oldenburg, earning scores of 8 or higher for his gaits with both registries.
Louisville’s sire, Lord Leatherdale, is a successful FEI horse bringing in the best of Westfalen breeding lines. His sire Lord Loxley was a Bundeschampionat winner and Silver Medalist at the World Young Horse Championships. His dam, Fairless P, has been an exceptional producer with three approved sons and two approved grandsons to her record. Lord Leatherdale himself has proven to carry on this strong family record and has sired PAVO Cup winners, Young Horse World Champions, and CDI Grand Prix horses.
Louisville’s dam had a very successful competition career that included the USEF Intermediaire Championships and she made her Grand Prix debut by age eight. As a producer, she has already given us an inspection Site Champion, Dressage at Devon winners, a USDFBC Finals Champion, and a licensed stallion. Her sire Negro hardly needs an introduction as he is one of the most proven sires worldwide for his record of Grand Prix offspring, including the Olympic and World Champion Valegro. Negro has been awarded Preferant status by the KWPN, as was his sire Olympic Ferro. Damsire Fruhling (aka Landjonker) was an Advanced Level showjumper whose influence is well-established with 10 approved sons in Germany.
We excitedly await the arrival of Louisville’s first foals in the spring of 2021.
Video & Pedigree
2020 Licensed AHS and Rhineland
2019 Licensed ISR/Oldenburg
2017 Dressage At Devon Foal Champion
Breeding Fee & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Louisville will be available via cooled semen April 1st, 2021 through June 30th, 2021. Stallions are only collected at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
REMINDER: The SBS lab is closed and stallions will not be collected on Easter Sunday, Sunday and Monday of Memorial Day weekend, and July 4th.
Cooled Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card. All cooled semen shipments are sent using the Equitainer, which we believe provides the most reliable, consistent cooling of semen.
- $360.00 for US shipments – including round-trip FedEx shipping and collection fee – $20.00 additional for Saturday delivery
- Pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS: $235.00 weekday, $260.00 Sunday
- US Airline Shipments: $490.00 weekday, $515.00 Sunday (does not include return by FedEx)
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $75.00
- Container Deposit – $250.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At this time we are unable to ship cooled semen to Canada.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $360.00 for FedEx Overnight or $330.00 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $600.00 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $20.00 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $125.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $45.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $45.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $75.00
- Container Deposit – $1000.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
REGISTRATION & FUTURITY INFORMATION
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- Licensed ISR/Oldenburg
- Licensed AHS & Rhineland
- New England Dressage Association (NEDA) Breeder’s Futurity: Louisville offspring born between 2021 and 2023 are eligible for participation in the NEDA Breeder’s Futurity. For additional information and futurity guidelines click HERE.
- American Hanoverian Society (AHS) Yearling & 2-Year Old Futurity: Yearling and 2-Year Old Louisville offspring that are AHS registered, AHS Certificate of Pedigree, or American Rhineland registered are eligible for participation. For additional information and futurity guidelines click HERE.