16.2h | 2017 | Hanoverian Stallion
Lord Leatherdale – Negro – Fruhling
The Lord Leatherdale-Negro cross has proven an exceptional nick and we are proud to offer Louisville as the next representative of this combination that has already been so successful as seen by stallions such as Everdale and Glamourdale. Louisville was an early standout as a foal winning the Colts of 2017 and the prestigious Dressage at Devon Foal Championship. In 2021, he earned a median score over 72.8% at Training Level and scores as high as 80%. At the east coast NA Stallion Sport Test Louisville finished 2nd overall, earning scores of 9 for his canter and rideability and an 8.5 for his trot.
Louisville’s sire, Lord Leatherdale, brings the best of Westfalen breeding lines. His sire Lord Loxley was a Bundeschampionat winner and Silver Medalist at the World Young Horse Championships and his dam, Fairless P, has been an exceptional producer. Lord Leatherdale has proven to carry on this family record and has sired PAVO Cup winners, Young Horse World Champions, and top international Grand Prix horses.
Louisville’s dam had a very successful competition career that included the USEF Intermediaire Championships and Grand Prix wins. She has proven an exceptional producer as well. Her sire Negro is one of the most proven sires for his record of Grand Prix offspring, including the Olympic horses Valegro, Everdale, & Fendi T. Great-grandsire Fruhling was an Advanced Level showjumper whose influence is well-established with 10 approved sons.
The quality of Louisville’s first foal crop is apparent, with multiple Premium and Top Foals to his credit. We’re consistently see his expressive gaits, strong stamp on type, and outgoing personality. Louisville is now licensed Hanoverian, Rhineland, Oldenburg, & Westfalen.
Video & Pedigree
2-Star Stallion with ISR/OldenburgNA
2021: North American Stallion Sport Test ~ 2nd Place, scores of 9 for canter and rideability
2020: Licensed AHS and Rhineland
2019: Licensed ISR/Oldenburg
2017: Dressage At Devon Foal Champion
Breeding Fee & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Louisville will be available via cooled semen April 10th, 2022 through June 30th, 2022. Stallions are only collected at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
REMINDER: The SBS lab is closed and stallions will not be collected on Easter Sunday, Monday of Memorial Day weekend, and July 4th.
The following is a tentative show schedule for Louisville during the breeding season. We may choose not to attend some of the following shows, but want mare owners prepared for all possibilities. Stallions are not available for collection on the days listed below. Frozen semen can be shipped during these times. As you come closer to the cycle that you will be breeding your mare, Contact Us to discuss any changes and how we can meet your breeding needs.
- June 17th-19th
Cooled Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card. All cooled semen shipments are sent using the Equitainer, which we believe provides the most reliable, consistent cooling of semen.
- $395.00 for US shipments – including round-trip FedEx shipping and collection fee – $15.00 additional for Saturday delivery
- Pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS: $260.00 weekday, $280.00 Sunday
- US Airline Shipments: $550.00 weekday, $575.00 Sunday (does not include return by FedEx)
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $85.00
- Container Deposit – $250.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
- Cooled semen is available to select locations in Canada, Contact Us for additional information.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $395.00 for FedEx Overnight or $365.00 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $660.00 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $15.00 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $150.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $50.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $55.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $85.00
- Container Deposit – $1350.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
REGISTRATION & FUTURITY INFORMATION
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- Licensed ISR/Oldenburg
- Licensed AHS & Rhineland
- New England Dressage Association (NEDA) Breeder’s Futurity: Louisville offspring born between 2021 and 2023 are eligible for participation in the NEDA Breeder’s Futurity. For additional information and futurity guidelines click HERE.
- American Hanoverian Society (AHS) Yearling & 2-Year Old Futurity: Yearling and 2-Year Old Louisville offspring that are AHS registered, AHS Certificate of Pedigree, or American Rhineland registered are eligible for participation. For additional information and futurity guidelines click HERE.