16.2 1/2 h | 1999 | Oldenburg Stallion
Rubinstein I – Ex Libris – Furioso II
At his 70-Day Stallion Test, Rubinero finished 2nd in the dressage phase with a score of 140+ points and finished in 3rd place overall. His character and rideability earned him perfect 10’s. Rubinero qualified for the Bundeschampionat, was Reserve Champion at Rastede, and quickly moved up to the Advanced levels. Imported to the US in 2013, Rubinero continued his winning ways with his amateur owner, earning scores as high as 72.5% at Intermediaire I. He was the USDF Region 3 Champion at Intermediaire and Reserve Champion at Prix St. Georges.
Rubinstein, Rubinero’s sire, is a legend with over 90 approved sons, more than 170 States Premium daughters, and his offspring have won over 2.5 Million Euro in competition. Rubinero’s dam, Faola, passed her Mare Performance Test with an overall score of 8.36, receiving a 9.0 for her willingness to perform, her canter, rideability, free jumping technique and a 10.0 for free jumping ability. She has produced two licensed stallions as well as successful dressage horses and a 1.40m jumper. With Ex Libris and Furioso in the mix, what a versatile pedigree Rubinero offers.
We are universally hearing praise from breeders on the Rubinero offspring’s type and outstanding temperaments. With a licensed stallion, States Premium Mares, and many Premium Foals we know the consistent quality this stallion sires. From young horse classes through the FEI levels, including competing at the WEG and European Championships, Rubinero offspring shine. With their trainability, talent, and jumping ability we also see them succeed in the hunter ring. Whether you are a specialized dressage breeder or you are looking to produce future hunter champions, this kind, generous stallion should be a serious contender.
Video & Pedigree
Performance Test: Reserve Champion Dressage Stallion of 70-Day Stallion Test;
- 133.12 Total/140.54 Dressage/115.03 Jumping
- Scores of 10 for Character and Rideability
2014: USDF Region 3 Champion Intermediaire I AA
2014: USDF Region 3 Reserve Champion Prix St. Georges AA
2008: Debut at Intermediaire I 2007: Debut at Prix St. Georges
2005: Qualified for the Bundeschampionat for 6-Year Olds
2004: Championships at Rastede ~ Bronze
2004: Qualified for the Bundeschampionat for 5-Year Olds
2003: Stallion Performance Test ~ 3rd Overall, Reserve Champion Dressage
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Rubinero will be available via cooled semen March 14th, 2021 through August 31st, 2021. Stallions are only collected at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
REMINDER: The SBS lab is closed and stallions will not be collected on Easter Sunday, Sunday and Monday of Memorial Day weekend, and July 4th.
Cooled Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card. All cooled semen shipments are sent using the Equitainer, which we believe provides the most reliable, consistent cooling of semen.
- $360.00 for US shipments – including round-trip FedEx shipping and collection fee – $20.00 additional for Saturday delivery
- Pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS: $235.00 weekday, $260.00 Sunday
- US Airline Shipments: $490.00 weekday, $515.00 Sunday (does not include return by FedEx)
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $75.00
- Container Deposit – $250.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
- Cooled semen is available to select locations in Canada, Contact Us for additional information.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $345.00 for FedEx Overnight or $315.00 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $580.00 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $16.00 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $125.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $45.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $45.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $75.00
- Container Deposit – $1000.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
REGISTRATION & FUTURITY INFORMATION
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- AHS & ARS
- KWPN-NA: Offspring out of KWPN-NA mares and by stallions approved with an Erkend Studbook (such as Rubinero) are eligible for Register A papers.
- American Hanoverian Society (AHS) Yearling & 2-Year Old Futurity: Yearling and 2-Year Old Rubinero offspring that are AHS registered, Hanoverian Verband registered, AHS Certificate of Pedigree, or American Rhineland registered are eligible for participation. For additional information and futurity guidelines click HERE.