16.3h | 2011 | Dutch Warmblood Stallion
Lord Leatherdale – Negro – Ahorn
Glamourdale is the stallion that everyone is talking about! This enchanting black stallion continues to impress at each step in his career. He was named Champion of the 2014 KWPN keuring. At his Stallion Performance Test, Glamourdale was placed second overall and earned scores of 9 for his canter and balance and 8.5 for trot, elasticity, rideability, and talent as a dressage horse. In both his 4-year old and 5-year old years, Glamourdale finished in the top ten of the PAVO Cup Finals and finished 10th in the WBFSH World Championships as a 5-Year Old. In 2018, Glamourdale commandingly won FEI World Championships for Young Horses where he earned scores of 9.8 for his trot and a 10 for the canter. His upward trajectory has continued into 2019 where he confidently made the move up to the PSG/Intermediate work and won at Aachen, one of the world’s most prestigious shows, with scores of 77% and 80%!
Glamourdale’s sire, Lord Leatherdale, was Reserve Champion of his Stallion Performance Test and is a successful FEI competitor. Glamourdale’s dam has been a strong producer including two Elite daughters and she is a half-sister to the approved Grand Prix stallion Numberto. Damsire Negro was a very promising FEI horse whose offspring are winning internationally at Grand Prix, including the Olympic Gold Medalist, World Cup Winner, and World Equestrian Games Gold Medalist, Valegro.
Glamourdale and his offspring have been well received by breeders. In 2015, Glamourdale was the most popular KWPN breeding stallion in Holland. In 2017, Glamourdale had 12 sons from his first foal crop selected for the 2018 KWPN Stallion Licensing Pre-Selection. Glamourdale’s offspring are winning at inspections and riding horse competitions already. With size, power, and fantastic scope to the movement, Glamourdale offers the very qualities dressage breeders are seeking.
Video & Pedigree
Performance Test: 8’s or higher in all scores
2018: World Championships for Young Horses – FEI 7-Year Olds ~ Champion
2018: Prix St. Georges debut
2017: KWPN Stallion Competition Finals ~ 4th Place
2016: World Championships for Young Horses – FEI 5-Year Olds ~ 10th Place
2016: PAVO Cup Finals for 5-Year Olds ~ 4th Place
2015: PAVO Cup Finals for 4-Year Olds ~ 6th Place
2015: Approved by the Oldenburg Verband
2014: Reserve Champion of KWPN Spring Stallion Performance Test
2014: Champion of KWPN Stallion Licensing
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Glamourdale is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on Glamourdale’s frozen semen.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $355.00 for FedEx Overnight or $325.00 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $590.00 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $16.00 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $125.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $45.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $45.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $75.00
- Container Deposit – $1000.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 55-60 day pregnancy check, please have your vet finish completing the Mare Breeding Passport and return it to Hilltop Farm by September 15th. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- AHS: Glamourdale offspring out of Hanoverian approved mares are eligible for registration with the AHS with payment of a Foreign Sire Fee.
- GOV: Glamourdale offspring out of Oldenburg approved mares are eligible for registration with the GOV with payment of a Foreign Sire Fee.
- ISR/OldenburgNA: Offspring of many of the European stallions may be eligible for registration upon the mare owner’s completion of a Foreign Stallion Permit.