16.3h | 2010 | Hanoverian Stallion
Soliman de Hus – Rascalino – Wesley
Sternlicht epitomizes the modern sport horse with his beautiful type, movement, and confident character. His impressive competition record includes placing 3rd at the USEF FEI Six-Year-Old National Championships and winning the US Dressage Finals at First, Third, & Prix St. Georges Levels. He has won multiple USDF Regional Championships and top finishes for All-Breeds awards and has been selected for the USEF Development List. As Sternlicht prepares for his move into the Developing Grand Prix division, he shows a promising future as a top international horse.
Sternlicht’s sire, Soliman de Hus, was Champion of his licensing and Performance Test. He is well regarded for the type, character, and rideability he consistently offers and Soliman de Hus has many approved stallions and high-priced auction horses to his record. Soliman himself has competed to the Grand Prix level and with Sternlicht coming from his second foal crop, we’re very excited to watch his offspring follow in his footsteps. Grandsire Sandro Hit is currently ranked #3 in the world on the WBFSH Dressage Sire Rankings. Great-grandsire Donnerhall has created his own legend through not only being a top international Grand Prix horse, but more importantly through his massive influence on all of dressage breeding.
Sternlicht’s dam is an eighth generation Elite/SPS Mare. She has produced two licensed stallions and her sister has also produced an FEI stallion. The quality of this mare family consistently comes through the generations. Grandsire Rascalino was winner of his performance testing in Germany with an overall score of 148.29 and 153.37 points in Dressage. He carries on the popular Rubinstein line which is so well regarded for rideability.
Sternlicht’s first foals arrived the spring of 2015 and we’re consistently seeing his beautiful modern type, long legs, and exceptional canter. He has sired a number of Premium Foals and Inspection Site Champions as well as USDF breed show winners. During the 2018 Dressage at Devon, Sternlicht daughters Savannah HTF and Sundancer BHF took the top two positions in the USDF East Coast Filly Championships.
Across a wide variety of mares, we see Sternlicht’s positive contribution in his breedings. His offspring impress us as much as he does and if you are looking to add length of leg, an uphill frame, and a strong topline, you cannot go wrong with choosing Sternlicht for your mare.
Video & Pedigree
Performance Test: Lifetime Approval based on Sport Record
2 Star Stallion with ISR/OldenburgNA
2019: US Dressage Finals Champion ~ Prix St. Georges
2019: USDF All-Breeds Awards AHS Musical Freestyle Intermediate I ~ 5th Place
2019: USDF All-Breeds Awards AHS Open Intermediate I ~ 3rd Place
2019: USDF All-Breeds Awards AHS Open Prix St. Georges ~ 4th Place
2018: USEF Reserve Champion Dressage Breeding Sire of the Year
2018: USDF All-Breeds Awards ~ AHS Prix St. Georges Champion
2018: USDF Region 1 Intermediate I Champion
2018: USDF Region 1 Intermediate Freestyle Champion
2018: USEF Developing Prix St. Georges Championships ~ 6th Place
2017: USDF All-Breeds Awards ~ AHS Prix St. Georges Reserve Champion
2017: USEF Dressage Breeding Sire of the Year ~ Reserve Champion
2016: USDF All-Breeds Awards ~ AHS Champion Third Level
2016: US Dressage Finals ~ Third Level Champion
2016: USDF Region 8 Championships ~ 3rd place Third Level
2016: 3rd at USEF Young Horse National Championships
2015: US Dressage Finals ~ First Level Champion
2015: USDF Region 1 Champion ~ First Level
2014: Co-Champion American Hanoverian Society ~ USEF Four Year Old Division
2014: 8th at USEF Young Horse National Championships
2013: Licensed AHS & ISR/OldenburgNA
2012: Reserve Champion USDF DSHB HOY Two-Year Old Colts/Geldings
2011: Winner of Dressage at Devon Yearling Colts ~ 85%
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Cooled semen from Sternlicht is available April 13th through July 15th. Stallions are only collected at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
REMINDER: The SBS lab is closed and stallions will not be collected on Easter Sunday, Sunday and Monday of Memorial Day weekend, and July 4th.
Cooled Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card. All cooled semen shipments are sent using the Equitainer, which we believe provides the most reliable, consistent cooling of semen.
- $355.00 for US shipments – including round-trip FedEx shipping and collection fee – $16.00 additional for Saturday delivery
- Pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS: $230.00 weekday, $255.00 Sunday
- US Airline Shipments: $490.00 weekday, $515.00 Sunday (does not include return by FedEx)
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $75.00
- Container Deposit – $250.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
- Cooled semen is available to select locations in Canada, Contact Us for additional information.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $355.00 for FedEx Overnight or $325.00 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $590.00 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $16.00 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $125.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $45.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $45.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $75.00
- Container Deposit – $1000.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- AHS & ARS
- KWPN-NA: Offspring out of KWPN-NA mares and by stallions approved with an Erkend Studbook (such as Sternlicht) are eligible for Register A papers.