16.3h | 2001 | Holsteiner Stallion
Calido I – Acord II – Contender
An impressive sport record, excellent character, and impeccable pedigree make Calucci a standout. He competed to the Grand Prix level and his rideability made him a winner with professional and amateur riders. Calucci has proven his reliability in the show ring time and again, earning top ribbons at shows such as HITS, Manchester, Devon, and WEF.
Calucci’s own success is rooted in a deep pedigree of showjumping talent. His sire Calido I, was ranked 1st in jumping at his Stallion Performance Test. Calido’s offspring have earned over 4.5 million Euros in sport and there are over 350 Calido offspring successful at S Level (advanced). Calucci’s grandsire, Acord II, was the winner of his Stallion Test with 146 points overall, including scores of 9 or higher for jumping ability and rideability. Calucci’s granddam had a strong competition career herself and her offspring have competed up to 1.60 meters. The influence of his Great-grandsire Contender has been felt across all the major registries and with showjumping, eventing, and dressage breeders.
Calucci’s oldest offspring are showing natural talent as hunters, jumpers, and event horses with multiple offspring currently showing in the Training Jumpers, Low Adult Amateur Hunters, and Training Level Events with both professional and amateur riders. We consistently see Calucci’s athletic type and size, strong topline, and good bone come through in his offspring. With his pedigree, it is a given that scope and jumping ability transmits readily.
Video & Pedigree
Performance Test: Lifetime Approval based on Sport Record
2016: Approved Rhineland
2015: Star Stallion with ISR/OldenburgNA
2014: Approved ISR/OldenburgNA, RPSI, and sBs
2013: 2nd in the High Jr/AO Jumper ~ Devon Fall Classic
2013: 3rd in the High Jr/AO Jumper ~ HITS on the Hudson
2013: 2nd in the High Jr/AO Jumper ~ Garden State
2012: 3rd in the High Jr/AO Jumper ~ Devon Fall Classic
2012: 5th in the High Jr/AO Jumper ~ Ox Ridge
2012: 3rd in the High Jr/AO Jumper ~ Garden State
2012: 1st in High AO/Jr Jumper ~ ESP Children’s Benefit
2012: 2nd in AO/Jr Jumper ~ Holiday Festival II
2011: 4th in the Mini Prix ~ Brandywine
2011: 6th in the Open Jumper ~ Devon
2011: 4th in the Grand Prix ~ Garden State
2011: 6th in the Medium A/O Jumper Classic ~ WEF 7
2010: 4th in the Jr/AO High’s ~ Manchester
2010: 5th in the Welcome Open ~ HITS on the Hudson
2010: 5th in the Blue Rock Prix
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Calucci will be available via cooled semen from March 13th, 2022 to July 31st, 2022. Stallions are only collected at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
REMINDER: The SBS lab is closed and stallions will not be collected on Easter Sunday, Monday of Memorial Day weekend, and July 4th.
Cooled Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card. All cooled semen shipments are sent using the Equitainer, which we believe provides the most reliable, consistent cooling of semen.
- $426.60 for US shipments – including round-trip FedEx shipping and collection fee – $15.00 additional for Saturday delivery
- Pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS: $260.00 weekday, $280.00 Sunday
- US Airline Shipments: $594.00 weekday, $621.00 Sunday (does not include return by FedEx)
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $85.00
- Container Deposit – $250.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
- Cooled semen is available to select locations in Canada, Contact Us for additional information.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $426.60 for FedEx Overnight or $394.20 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $712.80 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $15.00 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $150.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $45.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $55.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $85.00
- Container Deposit – $1350.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
REGISTRATION & FUTURITY INFORMATION
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- KWPN-NA: Offspring out of KWPN-NA mares and by stallions approved with an Erkend Studbook (such as Calucci) are eligible for Register A papers.
- American Hanoverian Society (AHS) Yearling & 2-Year Old Futurity: Yearling and 2-Year Old Calucci offspring that are American Rhineland registered are eligible for participation. For additional information and futurity guidelines click HERE.