16.3h | 2016 | KWPN Stallion
Sir Donnerhall – Hemmingway – South Horn
A fresh pedigree, impressive exterior, and a ton of expression to his movement mark Lantanas as an attractive addition for dressage breeders. His sire, Sir Donnerhall, has over 90 approved sons, 193 States Premium daughters, Young Horse Champions, and many Grand Prix CDI horses to his record. Sir Donnerhall is currently ranked 14th on the WBFSH Dressage Sire Rankings and his sire, Sandro Hit, is currently ranked #3. Sir Donnerhall’s sire is the legendary Donnerhall, who has had an incredible impact on dressage breeding. The Sandro Hit-Donnerhall combination has been an especially effective breeding nick.
The dam of Lantanas is herself a Prestatie mare who produced two licensed stallions, the Grand Prix mare Vitana V, and is the granddam for the Grand Prix stallion Cennin. Her sire Hemmingway competed at the World Championships for Young Horses in Lanaken and competed through 1.40 meters in showjumping. This valuable jumping blood is important to infuse into dressage breeding as well and Hemmingway has sired offspring successful in showjumping, dressage, and eventing as befits his versatile Holsteiner roots.
Lantanas received an excellent report at his KWPN Stallion Test and earned 8s or higher for all three gaits. He was praised for his willingness to work, his talent for dressage, and his uphill balance. In 2021 Lantanas was approved Hanoverian and competed in the PAVO Cup Finals earning a score of 81.4 points. His early foals show his beautiful, modern type and expressive gaits. With the Van Olst team behind him, Lantanas has a bright future as a sire and competition horse.
Video & Pedigree
2021: Approved Hanoverian
2021: Overall score of 81.4 at the PAVO Cup Finals
2019: Approved KWPN
Breeding Fee & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Lantanas is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on Lantanas’s frozen semen.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $395.00 for FedEx Overnight or $365.00 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $660.00 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $1500 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $150.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $50.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $55.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $85.00
- Container Deposit – $1350.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- AHS: Lantanas offspring out of Hanoverian approved mares are eligible for registration with the AHS with payment of a Foreign Sire Fee.
- ISR/OldenburgNA: Offspring of many of the European stallions may be eligible for registration upon the mare owner’s completion of a Foreign Stallion Permit.
- American Hanoverian Society (AHS) Yearling & 2-Year Old Futurity: Yearling and 2-Year Old Lantanas offspring that are AHS registered, Hanoverian Verband registered, AHS Certificate of Pedigree, or American Rhineland registered are eligible for participation. For additional information and futurity guidelines click HERE.