16.3h | 2018 | Dutch Warmblood Stallion
Painted Black – Negro – Gershwin
It’s rare we see a pedigree as star studded as Nalegro’s. Nalegro is sired by Olympic Games, World Equestrian Games, and World Cup competitor Painted Black. Painted Black was a standout at the FEI levels with a lengthy career at Grand Prix, including 27 career wins in FEI competition under two different riders. Painted Black has also proven a star in breeding as well with 15 approved sons to his credit and a number of Grand Prix offspring. Painted Black is by the influential stallion Gribaldi who has produced numerous FEI horses, as well as notable sires Totilas and Hofrat.
Nalegro’s dam is a full sibling to Valegro, the Olympic Games, World Equestrian Games, and World Cup Champion. From this same mareline, we also see the licensed stallion U-Genius. Nalegro’s damsire is the preferent stallion Negro, an impressive FEI competitor himself and a proven sire of FEI Grand Prix horses.
Nalegro has just completed the KWPN Stallion Performance Test where he finished Reserve Champion overall. Nalegro’s canter was a highlight and earned him an impressive score of 9. Nalegro earned no score less than 8, with scores of 8.5 for walk, trot, rideability, and talent as a dressage horse. We look forward to making this special young stallion available to breeders in 2022.
Video & Pedigree
Performance Test: KWPN Short-Term Performance Test,
- Score of 9 for canter & no score less than 8
2022: KWPN Stallion Performance Test ~ Reserve Champion
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Nalegro is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on Jayson’s frozen semen.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $395.00 for FedEx Overnight or $365.00 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $660.00 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $15.00 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $150.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $50.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $55.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $85.00
- Container Deposit – $1350.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 14-16 day pregnancy check, please have your vet complete the Mare Breeding Passport received with your semen shipment and return it to Hilltop Farm. Any changes in pregnancy status after the 14-16 day check must be communicated to Hilltop Farm immediately. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- ISR/OldenburgNA: Offspring of many of the European stallions may be eligible for registration upon the mare owner’s completion of a Foreign Stallion Permit.