15.2h | 2004 | PRE Stallion
Jondo – Empaque – Revoltoso VII
Spanish horses, and crossbreds with warmbloods, are gaining in popularity throughout the dressage community and a stallion such as Fiti AL makes it abundantly clear why the choice of many riders has turned to these classical horses. Fiti AL has a natural talent for the collected work with piaffe, passage, and pirouettes seeming like a game for him. However he offers more than just a talent for collection. His compact size combined with elastic and supple movement give his rider a very good feeling. Fiti is intelligent and sensible and an absolute pleasure to work around.
2018 was an exciting year for all Fiti’s connections. With his amateur rider, Fiti continued his climb up the FEI levels. The pair finished 3rd for USDF All-Breeds at Prix St. Georges and 2nd for Intermediate I. The competed in their first CDI competitions and made the big move up to their first Grand Prix tests.
With his first two foals, Fiti has passed on his amazing temperament and powerful gaits with a clear ability to collect. Fiti AL was already approved for breeding with the ANCCE and IALHA, but due to competition record and quality he was also approved by the Oldenburg Verband and the American Rhineland Studbook in 2018.
Video & Pedigree
2017: Competed Prix St. Georges
2015: Competed Third Level
2014: Competed Second & Third Level
Breeding Fees & Contracts
Stallion Health Information
Fiti is not available via cooled semen. Please see Frozen Semen for shipping costs and details on Fiti’s frozen semen.
Frozen semen may be shipped year-round. Frozen semen is only shipped at the request of the breeder or their veterinarian, click here for instructions to Request A Semen Shipment.
Frozen Semen distribution is handled by Select Breeders Service, Inc. The Distribution Fee must be paid in advance of each shipment by check or credit card.
- $345.00 for FedEx Overnight or $315.00 for FedEx 2-Day US shipments; $580.00 for Canadian shipments + duties/customs charges. These include round-trip FedEx shipping. $16.00 additional for Saturday delivery.
- $125.00 for pick-up/return at Hilltop Farm or SBS with our container (does not include return by FedEx)
- $45.00 for pick-up or shipment from SBS with own container (does not include return by FedEx); $45.00 additional client owned tank recharge fee for tanks that arrive warm.
- $45.00 for each additional stallion if multiple stallions are being shipped together
- Late Fee for requests received after the published notification time: $75.00
- Container Deposit – $1000.00 (Secured by credit card – not charged unless container is not returned or is damaged)
At Hilltop Farm we want to work closely with you and your veterinarian to ensure a successful breeding season and are available for questions at any time. The following information includes some basic suggestions as well as reminders on a few requirements for your breeding contract.
A Breeding Soundness Exam including a uterine culture is recommended, but not required, for all mares prior to breeding. If a mare fails to settle after two breeding cycles, Hilltop Farm will require a culture and cytology to be done at that time prior to any additional shipments of semen. We always recommend your vet checking your mare post-breeding to confirm ovulation. If a mare hangs on to a follicle longer than expected, it can be less expensive to ship additional semen than it would be to breed a second complete cycle. Getting your mare settled in foal is just the beginning. We recommend multiple pregnancy checks to help prevent cases of twins, misdiagnosed pregnancies, or lost time in the breeding season. The following schedule is what we recommend; only the first and fourth checks however are required by your breeding contract.
- 1st check (Required): 14-16 days post ovulation – optimum time for vet to pinch off a twin if more than a single ovulation is noted.
- 2nd check (Recommended): 28 days post ovulation – to confirm a viable pregnancy as the heartbeat normally appears by day 25.
- 3rd check (Recommended): 35-40 days post ovulation – to confirm maintained pregnancy prior to endometrial cup formation. Mares that slip foals early may not come back into heat.
- 4th check (Required): 55-60 days post ovulation – final confirmation of pregnancy in its critical first trimester.
Following your mare’s 55-60 day pregnancy check, please have your vet finish completing the Mare Breeding Passport and return it to Hilltop Farm by September 15th. This Passport is used in all stallion reports to various breed registries and is used to generate a Breeding Certificate so that you can register your foal.
Your mare’s registration and approval play just as important of a role as the stallion’s approvals when determining registration options for your foal. Please keep in mind that in order to register your foal with a specific association, your mare may first need to be presented to that registry for approval. In addition to the registries a stallion is approved with, there may be additional registration options based on your mare’s eligibility and the stallion’s credentials. If you are confused at all on registration options for a potential foal, please speak with Hilltop Farm and your breed registry PRIOR to booking your breeding.
- IAHLA: Fiti offspring out of non-Andalusian or Lusitano mares are eligible for IAHLA Half-Bred registration papers.